1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Aika Online to Enter Closed Beta Test #2

Discussion in 'Game News' started by ogreman, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Sunnyvale, CA—February 15th, 2010 Gala-Net, Inc., a leading free-to-play online game publisher, has announced today its second Closed Beta Test (CBT) for Aika Online in the North American market. The second CBT will run from February 24th through March 2nd and will allow players access to all available in-game zones, new player vs. player scenarios, and character levels 1 through 50.

New and returning Aika enthusiasts alike will discover a wealth of exciting new ways to explore the world of Arcan and to interact with fellow players. CBT #2 will feature the first ever Castle Sieges in the Western hemisphere, giving players the opportunity to fight with and against one another to achieve ultimate control over one of Aika’s five nations. The guildmaster of the strongest guild or of the leading guild in the strongest alliance in each Castle Siege will attain the rank of Lord Marshal—the position with the most political, military, and economic power in the game. Unified under their Lord Marshals’ regimes, nations will organize and campaign as never before to clash in battles of massive scale and to plunder each others’ treasures in an expanded Relic War.

CBT #2 will also offer a great deal to players looking for a heightened single player experience. New, intriguing zones and dungeons include the cloud-nestled city of Cirrugor, the eerie crags of Mt. Hessian, and the cobra-infested Tabazra Desert. Players will be able to follow the story of Aika through new twists and turns, learn higher level skill attacks, and watch as their characters’ Pran evolve into new forms.

Players can look forward to engaging community and in-game events during CBT #2, just as CBT #1 featured the successful DOMINATION tournament to determine the most formidable guild in every nation. Ignited by the fires of national pride and competitive passion, Aika players have continued to gather on the official forums to discuss battles won and lost and to plot for when they tread upon Lakia’s dynamic soil once more. The new elements of CBT #2 will only further establish Aika as a compelling, game-changing MMORPG for the ages.

About the Game

Aika Online is an epic fantasy MMORPG developed by JoyImpact, creators of Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent. Five nations vie against one another for control of Arcan in massive castle sieges, relic thefts, and customized battlegrounds, waging war on a scale never before seen in an MMORPG. Considerable treasures and blessings await the most powerful nation in Aika, with each nation ruled by a player Lord Marshal whose supreme power is supported by a guild regime. Preeminence is an uncertain throne, however, as nations may ally together to usurp the ruling kingdom and clans may conspire to overthrow the foremost guilds. Players take a pivotal role in this drama as they choose one of six classes, each of which undergoes multiple evolutions, and are assisted by their Pran—an intelligent, sassy fairy familiar which supports them in all their endeavors. Aika’s gameplay innovations have not gone unnoticed. The Korea Game Industry Agency (KoGIA) awarded Aika the prestigious 2009 Best of Show: Prime Minister’s Award, Player’s Choice: Best Online Game, and Best Game Design & Scenario.

Users can sign up for the Closed Beta, download the game, and visit our newspage and forums at http://aika.gpotato.com.

2. Jeebus

Jeebus Banned

Credit:
    This company is building itself a reputation ... no doubt ... I can't foresee players investing money in the game/s surrounded with so much controversy.

Seems the only way for Devs to pay attention is to voice concerns on gaming review sites ... and twitter. Trust me ... I went through all of this debacle with the "FoD" on Allods online.

You spend hours/days/months leveling your character, buying items ... then you get this BS

This is not acceptable in my opinion, this is absolutely no warning to a game that has already started their cash shop. This announcement doesn't state if existing players will be able to continue or not.

Do not support gPotato ... until all players outside of North America get their money back ....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I haven't read the ToU agreement but it probably has clauses for this stuff, see most people don't read them but you'd be surprised what your agreeing too. If this stuff is mentioned in it, dirty or not, no one but the user is at fault.

Good rule of thumb is never spend money on closed beta because nothing is ever final in closed beta.

Also considering gPotato is mostly American games and that Aika has a global version this shouldn't be a big surprise.

4. infina

infina MMORPG Addict Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I understand that gpotato only has the rights of the game for North America, and that they were probably forced to do this... But it's not fun to suddenly get a message that you'll be blocked from the game servers in 2 days. It's just such a short time...:(

I'm luckily haven't spend any money on the game yet.

oh, and the global version was only announced 4 days ago, so we didn't really see this coming;)

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I didn't say it was fun, it's sucks yeah but just saying boycotting them or lawsuits or whatever is stupid because it probably says right in the ToU that they reserve the right to cancel service whenever they want... I'm guessing because it's in close beta they didn't include more time, usually it says around 30-90 days.

I see, didn't know that.

6. lala06

lala06 Little Spike

Credit:
    ok...Let's not blame gPotato guys. They just made a wrong decision. Sigh. :( That's so sad. I have played Aika. And now IP banned?
    Well. It won't stop me from playing AIKA GLOBAL.
    I'd rather build the best character and show them that GLOBAL could beat NA.
    haha.
    Im not against any NA players. I'm sure they wanted to transfer to Global also once it is launched. Lots and lots of good players for sure! :D
    yeah 1000 vs 1000.. :) here i come!

7. infina

Credit:
    I'm moving to global too and am setting up a guild there. What nation are you joining?

8. lala06

lala06 Little Spike

Credit:
    nation?

I used to be in Alethius before..
    But maybe I'll be joining Feonir nextime.
    not sure..

How about you?:D

9. infina

Credit:
    I was Ostyrion in cb. Feonir in ob and will now go to Vanov. Feonir already has the most people so I won't go there for sure.

Vanov is also the nation where I see the most chance of becoming lord marchall...

10. lala06

lala06 Little Spike

Credit:
    wow. lord marshall? nice to know I got connection with someone whose really into this game also. well, goodluck to you. i just wanted to be part of the game, though not a lord marshall. lol. go GLOBA AIKA. see u soon!

11. infina

Credit:
    hehe, I'm not Lord Marchall yet, just think I might have a chance. It depends on how many big guilds from gpot aika move to the global version.

See you soon too.

12. lala06

lala06 Little Spike

Credit:
    no. gpotato aika players cant play global version. any countries with local servers of aika cant join global T_T sigh.

see u on global!

13. thundemp2007

thundemp2007 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Im sad to Jeebus but in fairness the game has a good graphics.

14. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    North American players can play Global too?

15. infina

Credit:
    they can't... It's kind of strange to block people form a "global" game, but it's because gpotato has the license for North America.

16. thundemp2007

thundemp2007 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    thats why Jeebus disappointed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.