1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Crownknight, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    So... I'm soon going to get this as one of my early Christmas presents and I would like to see what your experiences with this game are :). (If you've had any.)

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I think it's a great game, it's not for everyone but can be a great experience for some. I've put over 200 hours into it over the last year. Lot of the core gameplay is collecting, some may find it repetitive but I personally find it very relaxing. The recent update added a new task system so you have a few small tasks to do each day. At the start the game is pretty slow, it's easy to run out of things to do... as you play you'll unlock more stuff and figure out more stuff to achieve. It takes literally 1000s of hours to achieve everything... very few do because while that is the obvious goal most people just find over time they just like hanging out in their town, doing little things here and there when they need something to do.

I wrote about it here:

The Living World of Animal Crossing | MMORPG and Online Game Forums

It's not really a game you can beat... mostly because it never ends lol but it's more about the journey than where you end up.

ogreman likes this.
  3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Wow! 200 hours! Well, thanks for letting me know about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it :).

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yea, once you get it and some time into it let us know how you like it.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    So what happened with this? Did you play it?

6. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    My friend played this game when I went to pick him up for a night out, game seems fun, but I didn't get chance to try it since we were already running late

7. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Never played it, but I've seen gameplay videos of it. I think it's a good game to play during a long car trip or when you have nothing else to do, especially to relax or de-stress yourself. There's even a popular YouTube video of an 87-year old grandmother playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so just about anyone could pick up the game.