1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Forest 1.3

Discussion in 'Ogre's Online Game Lunch' started by Buzzyboy, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Buzzyboy

Buzzyboy BamBam

Credit:
    Animal Forest

I know I've posted this game here before. Many improvements have since been implemented. The old thread was also from quite a bit of time ago (over 2 years), so I decided to create a new one. (I'm hoping that's within the rules of the forum, if not, let me know please!)

Animal Forest is a role-play enforced 2D MORPG. Which basically means all out of character chat must be done in OOC (Out of Character) channels and all in-character chat must be kept in the non OOC methods of communication. Even though your character is anthropomorphic, your character has no idea what a computer is. You only know what is in the game world. I ask that you be creative. I've seen people go so far as creating religions and cults in the game.

Basically Animal Forest is like other typical MORPG's in the sense of the stat system. One difference though is that Animal Forest has no NPC's (Minus the teachers in The Hall. The Hall is the safe zone of the game where new players spawn. The only interaction those NPC's have though is that they teach your character skills). The game is almost completely player run outside of The Hall. Combat is purely Player vs Player. You also don't die when your health reaches 0, you are knocked out for a period of time. During this time, other players can loot your items. There are 77 Skills to learn in Animal Forest. Skills such as languages, combat skills (armed and unarmed), crafting skills, and even skills to increase your effectiveness at climbing trees.

I don't want to go into too much details as the Readme/Help link is below.

If you want to read the read me file (Which is heavily incomplete, but has valid information to get you started):

Animal Forest - Readme

If you strictly just want to download the client from here:

http://animal-forest.tk/forum/client.zip

Animal Forest is also looking for a couple moderators as well. If you wish you apply, apply at the Animal Forest forums.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Testimonies:

From Squeegy:

I feel like I should share some of my old characters to inspire interest in this game. These are all from its BYOND era, when the fields were lush with players and creativity abounded.

A stereotype-shattering police officer fox. He used his burrow to set up a police station and hired a few deputies, and checked in with all the local animals to make sure that the 'law' was being upheld. He also provided protection for shops against burglars and robbers, most notably two badger twins who went around threatening protection money out of honest shopkeeps. They had a big fight in the customer area of a smithy, him and his deputy versus the two badger twins, that iirc ended in a stalemate.
    A scavenger rat(?) who owned a general store, and would spend his time either searching for materials and food to put on display (he was quite good at scrounging), or haggling with those who came in to buy from him. In general, he was quite useful, as his store often had what people were looking for, and was a good place to trade whatever goods you might have that were useless to you for enough food to keep you going.

It's a very fun game, and it gets exponentially more so the more people play, so at least give it a try!

From Me:

I remember when on the BYOND version, I played an extremely racist (against Foxes specifically) and mentally handicapped badger. I would fight every fox that got in my path after saying something along the lines: "All foxes are just thieves and don't deserve to live!".

I also remember while playing the same character was when I had put those statues around the water on the map near the beaches and someone created a church burrow right next to it where they would honor the statues. They must have had at least 5 followers and anyone who didn't convert, they would attack and loot. I remember deciding not to convert (because their had been a slimy fox with the group trying to convert) and I got jumped by 3 of them.

It did get a little out of hand as a lot of players started joining them destroying the balance of power.