1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Anime recommendation: Nanatsu no taizai

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Forum' started by Guts, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Guts

Guts DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    So i thought of recomending you guys some anime i've watched and enjoyed giving you a quick look into the story and characters of the anime so let me know what you think. Also since im bad at telling stories most of the texts will be from other sites and ill just give my personal oppinion at the end.
    I'll start off with Nanatsu no Taizai or Seven Deadly Sins
    [​IMG]
    In a world similar to the European Middle Ages, the feared yet revered Holy Knights of Britannia use immensely powerful magic to protect the region of Britannia and its kingdoms. However, a small subset of the Knights supposedly betrayed their homeland and turned their blades against their comrades in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Liones. They were defeated by the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that these legendary knights, called the "Seven Deadly Sins," were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights themselves staged a coup d’état, and thus became the new, tyrannical rulers of the Kingdom of Liones.

Nanatsu no Taizai follows the adventures of Elizabeth, the third princess of the Kingdom of Liones, and her search for the Seven Deadly Sins. With their help, she endeavors to not only take back her kingdom from the Holy Knights, but to also seek justice in an unjust world.

Elizabeth
    [​IMG]
    The before mentioned princess that seeks the help of the Seven deadly sins
    Powers: none (at the beggining, anything after would be a spoiler even tho its tottaly unexpected)

Meliodas
    [​IMG]
    Disguised as a tavern owner and our NNT captain. Don't let the looks fool you, he is much older than he looks :p Also known as the Dragons Sin of Wrath.
    Powers: despite being the Dragons Sin of Wrath Meliodas mostly uses counter atacks which block or redirect enemies powers back
    Also he has a pretty badass transformation which i dont feel like spoiling

Diane
    [​IMG]
    Diane, the Serpents Sin of Envy is a member of the Giants clan so as you can see by the picture she is a lot bigget than the rest of the squad.
    Powers: Being the Giants clan she has amazing strenght and also nature based abilities

Ban - BAMF award
    [​IMG]
    Bandit Ban or the Foxes Sin of Envy is a big friend of Meliodas and as in every anime they try to kill each other several times. Also he is she chief of the squad.
    Powers: as his sin would suggest his powers mostly revolve around steling whether its the enemies weapons or even physical strenght. For the reason you will find out about later i the anime he is immortal and known as Ban the Undead

King
    [​IMG]
    King the Bears Sin of Sloth is not who he looks like at first glance as he uses magic to alter his looks. His real name is Fairy King Harlequin.
    Powers: He uses his spirit spear, Chastiefol, which can transform in a number of things (from a rain of daggers to a giant teddy bear)

Gowther - Personal favourite award
    "Memories are merely information. Creating or erasing them is not difficult. What I want to understand...is the "emotion" that reaches beyond them."
    [​IMG]
    Gowther or Goats Sin of Lust is the classic racional and emotionless character type you often see which has led him to make some well lets say morally questionable decisions.
    Powers: Using a type of energy bow he can manipulate peoples memories which imo makes hime one of the most dangerous guys in the anime. Also for reasons know to manga readers he is immortal

Merlin - Waifu award
    [​IMG]
    Despite of what you may think by reading the name, Merlin, the Boars Sin of Gluttony (for some reason?) isnt the old sorcerer you would think of. She is in fact one of the most powerfull mages in the country and since we see so little fo her in the anime (unfortunately :( ) we dont know much except that she likes experimenting with magic
    Powers: As i said we dont know much about her, what is certain is that she is a powerfull mage with powers ranging from illusion to healing

There is one more member of the NNT which doesnt make an appearance in the anime but is supposedly even stronger than Meliodas under certain conditions

For me NNT was a great anime to just shut down your mind and watch. There were many plot twists, some obvious some not but its a pretty sattisfying story. The one thing i liked the most are the fights, done in a typical shounen manner but with plenty badass moments. The ecchiness is there, mostly in the relationship of Meliodas and Elizabeth which some of you will appretiate im sure :p There are a lot of things missing which is to be expected when its cut from the manga but im reccomending it to you guys as its an overall enjoyable experience.

Long story short:
    + Awesome fights
    + Interesting lore
    + Ecchi
    + Merlin

I know its kinda long and im not very good at these but maybe i'll make more in the future. In any case if you decided to watch this anime thanks to my recommendation or watched it previously let me know what you think :D

2. Xicor97

Xicor97 Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Anime looks interesting i will start watching it thx for recomendation :D

3. Guts

Guts DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Yw, dont forget to let me know what you thought of it :D