1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have idea about SMS payment?

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by rtkwar, Mar 3, 2015.

1. rtkwar

rtkwar Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:

i want to know if i have website that offer service or product , how i can make clients pay by SMS
    anyone have idea?

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  3. DoomGuard

DoomGuard Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is a great question... Would like to know more about this myself! :)

4. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    you need a payment provider for that. If you're using a CMS like wordpress, drupal, or magento, there are some plugins for that. You need to register for that payment provider and you need a bank account to accept the payment. Most of the providers do charge a percentage of the income derived of payments via their system.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    From my experience, Stripe is the best option for SMS payments. A lot of well-established sites use it, such as the social media X which uses Stripe to pay its content creators. Outside of traditional payment, I believe Stripe even allows crypto payment.

Personally I'm not a fan of Wordpress and other content management systems because of some limitations and the fact that many Wordpress sites tend to have poor SEO rankings. But if you're building a web app from scratch, you can look for the NPM package for Stripe and use their API for your web server.