1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D adding old Battleon back

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Xctroy, May 21, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The game plan mentions that the old battleon will be added back. Although it'd be nice to see it again, I feel like this would contradict the story where our old town was burnt down unless they work a good plot around it. There's also debate on if this would be welcomed by old players who wanted the area to be perma rare.
    What are your thoughts on this ?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's just there and I don't think every area needs fit to the story in someway. You could say it's a time bubble if you really need some explanation and AE did this because players suggested to make us able to access that version of Battleon to hold events and such. I personally don't mind it, but I can't say that everyone thinks likewise.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Kind of pointless at this point. More players are going to stay in maps where they're most convenient, especially with large gatherings. The least they could have done with old Battleon was added throwbacks, maybe new quests where you could defeat old monsters like the Smash Mash The Trolluk. Or maybe they could have turned it into an exclusive zone with exclusive items (move the Alpha Knight quests to old Battleon, and add Alpha and Beta items there). I think it would've been better if the map was reinvented (while preserving most of its old features).

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I did also think AE would have just made it exclusive in somehow just like they did with NostalgiaQuest map in AQW. It wasn't really planned either so that's why ended up that barren because they added it in just to have it in for gatherings due to players asking for it.

5. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Adding Old Battleon to the game was a good choice for sure. The last live event there was awesome.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's a great place for such things to take place and that's why it ended up being added.