1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

[AQ3D] AQ3D popularity

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Sabugo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Do you guys the game populary will be increased after the game release?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Probably. For the most part the server populations have been anywhere from 700 to 1,600, with release dates usually peaking with more players, though most of the information about AQ3D has mostly been spread through social media rather than through ads and other stuff. Most players are older AE players (late teens and early twenties) who've played previous games such as AQ, DF, or AQWorlds. If different outlets are reached when the game is officially out of Beta, then I'd imagine there'd be more players.

3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wasn't the Ashfall Part II release the highest amount of players that have ever been on the game at a time?

4. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well ... the problem is that there isn't sustainable fun in the game ... and minus any grinding ... new content only takes a few hours (and some cases just a few minutes) to get through XD

5. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This game will never get more popular if it stays the way it currently is. In fact, here's a little prediction... AQ3D will be history before the end of 2020 if things continue as they currently are. The only people saying that the popularity will climb, are people that have invested too much time into it already and are too proud to admit they've wasted their time. This game insults any long term player by giving them the same repetitive little tasks over and over again without any incentive or any clue as to even why. The developers themselves aren't even in it at this point.

You can barely call this a game, this is a game meant for 10-13 yr olds max at this point. There is absolutely nothing this game has that other games in the market don't already have and do it better. AE are trying to let go of their older fans, their arrogance will be the end of their little game studio. Us older fans were the reason they even had funding to be able to survive the flash crash, which virtually all their older games and entire company was founded upon. These guys are way in over their head, they think they can penetrate the mobile market, I can tell what they're trying to do.

They should have stuck to the traditional quirky formula that made the company come alive in the first place. Well crafted little games with good mechanics and enough replay value that leaves you wanting more. AE are trying too hard to ' fit in ' in this new era of gaming, and for an indie studio, stick to your basics and don't be delusional is all I have to say.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That is usually how things work out when game officially releases. It really does depend on how AE continues with the game and content that has been done before live release.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I want to say Mogloween had the highest amount of players who logged in, I think Mogloween 2016. I remember seeing a ton more players online around that time than any other time. Ashfall was pretty big, but I don't think it was as big as Mogloween. Usually holiday events are more successful than other releases, especially since they fall on holidays. I don't even think Ashfall Part II was as popular as Ashfall Part I.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dage's Birthday is pretty good seasonal event to pull people in and it could get as popular as it is in AQW being the event with highest number of players online when it's on.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think if anything can bring the game to popularity, it would be fun, repeatable content (PvP, skills like fishing and so on, and other kinds of content) more so than seasonal events. Seasonal events certainly do get people's attention, but only for a short while. These days, I think most people enjoy competitive gameplay.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    PVP is something that has felt dead on AE's games unless Epic Duel is concerned. I hope AQ3D will have a good PVP system in the end.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It really depends though. For a 3D game, PvP is very versatile, because you have the entire 3D overworld. Certain implementations like Death Match, CTF, and other PvP styles could help revolutionize the game.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It will be a long journey though, AE has not tried to make PvP work on a 3D game yet. It's good to start simple first so things can go smoothly when making something more demanding.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, but I think having an engaging, repeatable gameplay is more important than simple things. For creating a foundation for the game, simple things are fine, but it's felt like we've been getting releases with content and stuff than major gameplay features. Maybe PvP can be a thing when there are more classes.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I do wonder how many players will TLaPD day bring this time around? I guess it would bring more because Pirate class is going to get released.

15. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    The game is very popular now many players play now from when I started back then only 300-500 players played