1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Artix's Golden Direwolf Armor

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by VJMaxZero, May 31, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The oldest version of the set used to have some blue, but they made it all gold (sort of) to keep it distinct. I think there's a bit of blue still there in the dragon logo (the outline), which might be a remnant of when they switched the blue inner color to a gold color, which might just be an oversight (or 'cutting corner'). The blue outline looks a bit weird when you wear the armor with the other set pieces; I think it'd look nicer if it was a brown outline.

Tanned likes this.
  2. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I missed that armor when artix do an live event during the valentines event last year i think cuz that time im doing some school stuff :( its really bad that i missed it i already has direlwolf shoulder plates boots and gloves i dint have the other parts of it but for me i think the very rare that his armor is the weapon of it the artix freind scythe i only see 4 or 3 players own it than the armor but i wish they give us any other new opportunities to get it again cuz its really cool to have some especial items like those even some of them are just re textured :)

Yes it is but even some very especial items are just re textured but they are very unique to have esp that direwolf wolf stuff cuz just like its defenition it say that you can only get it by meeting artix in REAL LIFE so thats kinda impossible to do even you are a rich person or something cuz if you are not in the country where artix live or the AE are you cannot easy meet him in person just like you will buy somthing in a store thats why even it is just re textured armor it is very special to have :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
    Tanned likes this.
  3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It used to have actual prestige when you actually HAD to meet Artix or be recognized by him in some way to get a piece of Direwolf set. Now there are many players that have the set by just attending live events.

4. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I dont really collect them since I have hard time to attend live event since my real life is more important.
    And I doubt someone will equip it for a long time since it looks kinda meh, except you like to sacrifice your character look for the sake of rarity showcase, although it like Heroman said "it's not that rare anymore nor having prestige from Artix's Recognition"

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Most people collect them just to store them in their bank (and never use them) anyway. Some collect them to show off though, but that's a small subgroup. The habit is true for a lot of other "collectible" items, and it just eats up inventory and bank space. Honestly, I could argue that collectible items aren't even special at all. You can't even auction or trade them, so you can't value them either, or make a profit out of them. The only value is sentimental value.

6. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yes! Bro and thats the good thing happen so the players request to artix to put the direwolf piece in the live event chest so in that way some of the players that can attend the live event can get it, i just think the direwolf armor is only gave once right? Cuz i remember that live event i miss when the update of the valentine event, so i just hope this coming december artix give another chance to us to have annother opportunity to get that armor cuz its really impossible to others to meet him im person!

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We haven't had any live events in a while and there hasn't been any announcements about them either. I can see more of them taking place but no idea when.

8. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    AHH Ok man i just hoping that artix do a live event or another opportunity to get the direwolf armor or i suggest that maybe someone can request to him that if can we just use live event tokens to get full direwolf set so we can craft it in live event stuff in yulgar i guess that would be really awesome!

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am sure we will get more if for example Artix tests out new live event tools whenever those are made.

hfi likes this.
  10. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    But before applying those idea (live event special gear), some players already complained that live event thing is unfair to players who have different time zone (not to mention how Artix love to do surprise live event without prior notice/announcement), because most of live event happened at either early morning, working time, or school time especially at South East Asia Region that have different time zone gap.
    You cant expect those players to play game silently at class or office, right?

11. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I would like this just for the sake of having it as it’s rare but not as rare as it was many moons ago from what I can gather, but I would still like won’t wear it but would like it.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    If live events were timed in a way that everyone regardless of timezone could join in, we wouldn't have many of them or none at all. It's unfortunate that there are people with a timezone that doesn't go well with these live events, but that's just something that well end up happening.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They did do an event on the New Year where a chest spawned every time it's the new year somewhere in the world. I think that live event was crazy, because some people (those that stayed up throughout the entire day and night) were able to get over 20 Live Event Tokens from that event (especially from room hopping to kill the other chest, after killing the chest in their room). It's possible that they could do that again, especially since players can use the loot button instead of picking up bags (which can get stuck in areas like inside the travel crystal).

Ashley Eley likes this.
  14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be cool if they did another one like that again! It would make sense too because we aren't that far away from the New Year.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    And maybe they can add a Golden Direwolf Backshield this time. A lot of people already own every Direwolf piece, so it'd be great to see new items from the finale chests... even new craft items at Melodia's shop that take Live Event Coins would be great to see since a lot of people have excess coins. The New Year would be a great time for new event items.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That would be the last piece to complete that set becomes it's just a reskin of Defender Knight set. Artix's Red Cape should also be made as a drop too from those Grand Chests as well because we haven't got that yet and let's not forget about Artix's Special Friend Scythe either. Live Event shop being updated with new items would also be cool because we don't have many things to spend those Live Event Coins on at the moment.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Artix's Red Cape doesn't really need to be a drop for the next Live Event... it could just be added to the Paladin Craft Shop or something similar (like a future Doomwood release) since the cape's part of the Paladin set, not the Direwolf set. Artix only gave out the cape to a few winners of some giveaways, because a lot of people who already had the Direwolf set wanted a cape, and a cape specific to the Direwolf set was just never made, so Artix decided to just give away his cape (the one he wears with his Paladin set).

Even the item IDs are placed in different spots. The Artix's Special Friend Scythe (originally supposed to be part of the Magmarran drops) has an ID of 1076, and the Direwolf set has an ID from 1082 to 1087. The Red Cape, on the other hand, has an ID of 561.

Maybe when Doomwood gets updated with a quest for the Blinding Light of Destiny, there can be a side quest for Artix's entire set or something.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That actually sounds like a better idea to be honest. Artix's paladin set it pretty much the classic paladin set and getting rest of it would be pretty cool! Artix's Special Friend Scythe on the other should become a drop from Grand Chest.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Either a drop from a Grand Chest, a craft reward from Yulgar's Inn (something ridiculous like 50 Live Event Coins to craft it), or a repurpose like renaming it to Magmarran Scythe and adding it to Ashfall where all of the other Magmarran items are located. It's just weird that they used a scythe that was meant for the original Battleon Invasion as a special item, but I'm guessing it was more of an emergency at the time since everyone ranted about players getting items that should have been reserved for other purposes (2P Blade, Ebon Talon set, etc.), and they didn't have anything else at the time to giveaway (even though they already gave away convention capes for attendees). Anytime they do future convention events, the only reward should be an exclusive cape, not items reserved for other means.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, that probably was the reason Magmarran Scythe was turned into Artix's Special Friend Scythe. AE should strive for consistency and not just for promotional items like these.