1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Chests in dungeons, a new norm?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 3, 2017.

Do you want to have chests in all dungeons?

1. Yes, i do! More farming please!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, i don't! I got enough things to farm already!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are some dungeons which don't have chests to find from them and some of them have chests containing loot like Soulborne Axe, Traveller's Backpack and etc.
    There is inconsistency regarding to chests included inside of dungeons right now so i am asking a question from all of you, should all dungeons have chests in them or not?

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I do think it's a good idea to have chests in dungeons just so you have more items to farm...

3. Well I think if the AQ3D team added more chest items, it'll make the items feel less important knowing that there will be more of them. Items lose their specialty that way, and players are already pre-occupied with the current low drop items in-game, even other low drop items that aren't from dungeons.

4. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I like the idea of dungeon chests, i just don't like those low % drops. Back in pre-beta there was only one dungeon with chests (well there was only 2 dungeons in total lol) but all chests of all rarities had not only more drops than we have today but with way higher drop rates. The current dungeon chest system is bad, and i don't think they will change it as many people already spent a lot of DC to get those drops.

5. valkangel

Credit:
    this is the sad truth... hope it would be lessened in the near future

6. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think there should be a 100% chest spawn in all the boss rooms ... comeon AE ...

7. valkangel

Credit:
    this would be ridiculous tho... 100% chance of some drop in chest, but not 100% spawn rate... that's just stupid imo

8. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would prefer that a chest (either common, uncommon or rare) spawn in each boss room ... since each chest has its own treasure table, and most items you're after have low drop rates, you know there will always be at least 1 chest in each dungeon run ... I don't think that this is too unreasonable.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What about adding chests to all dungeons, but instead of given them all special loot, reward people with crafting materials of that dungeon to get more usage out of your keys. That wouldn't devalue the specialty of current rare drops from chests and it would help people craft their gear slightly faster!

10. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I would like an extreme dungeon grind like the magma mines dungeon were you get the funace hammer, they should put chest there.

11. Legion Aranx

Legion Aranx Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    They should atleast increase the drop rate of the items from chests :eek:

12. valkangel

Credit:
    This I agree with somewhat... but common chests should have less chance of dropping items and rare chests should have a higher chance of dropping items

13. That would defeat the purpose of the AQ3D team encouraging players to spend dungeon keys to hunt for items. It may give better odds, but more people would have the item.

Now it might be a good idea, if there were more dungeons and more chests, but right now, I would say it's fair enough since there are only three different storyline chests that reward their own items instead of more than that.

14. valkangel

Credit:
    a better system would be for each dungeon all the drops from chests can be acquired either from common or rare chests, the catch is, the % to get items is low on a common chest, % is higher if rare... this way, we still use dungeon keys, but now, if RNjeezus feels merciful, there's a possibility you can get that soulborne axe from a common chest, albeit small. you still hunt for treasure chests, but now you dont necessarily hunt for a specific chest. :)

15. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think it's fine the way it is but if they add more drops to chests they might not have a choice but to put chests in more dungeons, for the people later just starting out

16. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    As far as the drop rate and spawn rate goes i believe its great as it is since it offers a challenge (a boring and exhausting one if you are unlucky like me) to the players that have finished everything else the game currently offers. So what they could do is simply add chests to the rest of the dungeons based on the location. Since these dungeons don't have chests they are pretty much abandoned as soon as you get everything u want. Im simply suggesting this to revive the dungeons since noone runs them nowadays. I also agree with what Snowy said above adding more items might be a bad way to go. They could add something like achievements or daily quests and some DCs (small amount) or gold as a reward. The quest would have you do some dungeons in random.

17. Thinking about RNG, it would be interesting to see difficult challenges in dungeons that don't require luck at all. Maybe a chest presented as an NPC rather than a monster than offered a craft shop of items, and we have to collect hard-to-get materials in the dungeon to obtain those items. The dungeon would probably have to be like Valek's dungeon more or less since it would have to be difficult. I'm not exactly sure how that would work out, but I'd like to see items that require skills than luck.

They ought to add chests for the Ashfall saga, and then later the Darkovia saga. So far, there haven't be any dungeons that contain chests for those sagas.

Rewarding DCs would be too much. DCs are meant to be virtual currency that players buy, not obtain through in-game means. Now they could do something like a "Ballyhoo ad" for players to earn DCs, but making it an in-game feature could result in lots of problems, like if players found a way to abuse farming to earn DCs.

18. valkangel

Credit:
    this is also a good idea! would be interesting to see how it plays out.

19. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i don't like too much repetition and i like to feel progression

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dungeon chest farming was never requirement for progression. They have been there for vanity (rare drops) and gold farming. We have to wait and see, if AE decides to change things, but for now dungeon chests and loot they provide are not required to progress.