1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D NPC poke sounds

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are games when you interact with NPCs let's say by targeting, you will hear them say something like "Hello there", "How goes it", "Greetings" etc. AQ3D could benefit from this feature and if this will be implemented, what would NPCs would say? Cysero could say "Have you seen my socks?" if click him enough times for example.

2. As great as a bit of voice acting would be, I don't think it would be too huge of a feature considering most players play the game mute. I mean it does add more immersion to the game, but it's more resource for the team for a feature that only some will use.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE should really make it for while to actually play sounds on. Make some better background music and more varied SFX overall. This would be one of those things which would encourage people to play sound on, every little bit helps!

4. I could agree on some better background music, maybe some kind of leitmotif with catchy melodies reflecting on an NPC or the theme of an area. And locations where you battle monsters should have a relatively faster tempo while locations where you hang out such as Battleon or Yulgar's Inn should be pretty calm. Anything to keep players engaged with the gameplay and not make them want to turn off music or sound effects because of repetitiveness or the mood of the music.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Sound is one of the core parts of the experience! I hope AE would invest more time on refining it, when they actually have time to do so.

6. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I almost never play AQ3D with my sound on. I play music in the background from either YouTube or Spotify.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE really should put some more effort towards SFX and music honestly so we don't have to play game muted constantly.

Gamma001 likes this.