1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D PvP Strategies

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    We all know AQ3D has not a solid and strong PvP mechanics yet, but still, there are some strategies. For example, in a PvP match, using skills with the right order gives players the opportunity to win the match easily. If you have any tip or strategy for players those want to learn how to fight good in the game, please list and share them here.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    People call it a cheap strategy, but you could carry potions and food buffs. If your stats matches your opponent's and you use the same class, but the difference is that you use buffs and your opponent doesn't, then a lot of times you have the chance of winning. Other than that, there's just not much diversity to strategy in PvP; you just spam skill buttons and hope for the best.

3. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Yeah, bun usage is very rare in PvPs in that game. But I think reason of that is players don't think positive about that just like they don't think positive about HP potions and ultimate skills usages.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    To them, they're concerned about what's "fair and unfair", but if the game allows it, then it's already fair. The excuse is generally that they're too lazy to farm for their own food buffs and they want some sort of "equal playing field" which really doesn't exist (considering stat items being different and some classes being more OP than others), but there are some valid points like you can battle players as many times as you want in a single day, but you can't farm as many buff items as you want in a single day.

Personally, I think consumable items should be reserved for PvE use, because of the restriction of how many you could farm in a given day, and those items are better suited for PvE than for PvP, particularly for boss battles. But aside from that, PvP just isn't mainstream in a game like AQ3D; people just duel as a pastime since there's generally nothing else to do. And I just don't see PvP becoming some strategic 'mini-game' since PvP was never really that big of an idea in other AE games.

5. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Yes, players are free to choose their own pvp style. But still, since it is a general unwritten rule between most of the players, it is good to decide what kind of fight you are going to do before make a duel with someone.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's not like duels matter much in the game anyway. You don't get any reward, so I think you should choose how you want to play, instead of going by another player's set of rules. Personally when people create rules, they often times limit the fun/strategy. It's no fun, if someone creates a duel rule saying to use "this class" only and "this set of stats" only, and "don't use an items", because then it's just a game of RNG where there's a 50% chance of winning or losing. In other words, there's little to no skill, and I think PvP needs to have more variety.

7. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm not the best at pop but I just spam lol works a little bit of the time

8. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Spamming skills is not a rare situation for most of the players. But important thing is spamming skills in the right order.

9. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I personally hope they open up some sort of actually pvp. At that point there will be no player set rules. There will be the use of Ults, buffs and potions. I think it could be extremely exciting and fun.