1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Stats

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Patodactyl, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Patodactyl

Patodactyl Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm wondering if anyone knows what the numbers on your stats means? I'm not asking what armor for example does, I'm asking how much of a reduction is 1000 armor. If there's no official information, has anyone done testing? I think some stats may scale versus the enemy's level. The easiest to test is haste, which from my observing seems to have no difference regardless of whether I'm wearing equipment that gives haste or not. Maybe there's a cap?

2. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm guessing its relative to opponent attack rating ... I haven't done any testing ... but I'm interesting in setting up some data collection here if people are willing to help out with it

3. The numbers are most likely used for some formula to calculate defense, health, attack, etc. in battle, though I don't know what the formula is since the developers don't really want to give the public too much information about the game's mechanics. I don't think it's too important anyway.

4. Maelious

Credit:
    Would be nice if players had more choices in terms of character builds ... and had the chance to experiment and optimise :)

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I did find someone from AQ3D subreddit that has few stats figured out, but i can't say they are 100% accurate.
    Here is a link to this user's comment where those stats are listed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    CanineAQ3D likes this.
  6. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is slightly bothersome, looking at this thread and I don't even know why I haven't thought of this. I have complained a little about stats not affecting that much in game. But I never even thought in this direction. Hopefully stats get fleshed out in the future, because then the game will have an entirely different aspect to it that will really make things engaging.

7. Maelious

Credit:
    Yeah, I think lots of testing is required to handle this ... but seeing how little we can customise anyway ... I guess this isn't so important ... we are mainly just grinding for item collections XD

8. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There's no info about that but the devs could do a stats wiki for us, explaining about the stats points

9. I wish we had elemental stats / resistances. I remember back in Alpha and Pre-Beta, they had texts for those, but never any actual stats. Imagine having fire resistance and being able to stand on places like the hot coal place in Boog's Tavern taking lesser damage than usual, or if monsters could do elemental damage to the player and the player could resist it. There's so much that could be done to improve stats by adding more flavor to combat regarding elemental stuff.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would mind elemental stats and resistances, but i guess it would make gearing more tedious and it would take more inventory space to be optimized as possible.

11. But in the perspective of PvP, I think it would offer more strategy, particularly with teams. Like imagine a player with fire resistance armor and you only have a few players who can take down that player easily. It might seem like a complex idea, especially considering no item has any elemental stats and resistances currently. It would mean revamping the whole game again to make sure players aren't overpowered in normal gameplay.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Strategy is good and welcome to AQ3D when PvP is concerned (PvE too!), but we don't even have a stable form of PvP yet and adding resistances to the mix can be complex and as you said, the balance should be in check!

13. Satsui

Satsui Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Currently at the 800 to 900 stats

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Keep getting them higher as you go!

15. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I want the devs to make Haste actually a good stat. So far it's the most underwhelming stat in the game. Seems like the effects are very minimal.

16. NaMjOoN

NaMjOoN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    confused with the stats also. everytime i get armor that has higher stats, it doesnt feel like im any stronger. it just seems like armor isnt a huge factor of getting stronger, i think you just have to level up. idk

17. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I agree that the stat effects are confusing. Hopefully in the future, the devs give us explanation

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I for one would like more details because I want to know more!

19. Petermain2

Petermain2 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I currently have all 1500 stats all of them

20. Jerv

Jerv Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    well 1500 all