1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade high score bug

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by Rex, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yesterday I beat my high score of 24 on Flappy Mario (new score is 45) but as soon as i beat it, it redirected me to this error page.

URL: http://gameogre.com/forums/arcade/?sessdo=burn&id=6131&microone-15151099432815

I think it's because the arcade does not synchronize with the forum when a name is changed.
    As a example if someone beat my score that I got on RexAQ3D or someone beats a score from SnowyAE, when/if someone beats that score that person will be redirected to this page.

Attached Files:

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This does indeed happen on every single arcade hiscore that was set by someone who has changed their name since setting that hiscore. The programming behind it must be a little strange, since the hiscore table each game shows appears to store the user id to look up their name for display, but the "XYZ beat your hiscore" feature that actually sets hiscores only stores the username at the time of setting that hiscore, for whatever reason. This has been true since the first time someone with a hiscore changed their name, but is yet to be resolved.

3. Should probably work now. I tried beating my own high score.

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I guess that's one solution, just have everyone who changed their name re-beat their own high scores.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yes, we have an issue with the blog and comments regarding name changes as well. If you have your comments approved and then change your name, your comments won't be auto approved anymore.