1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a pro redstone user?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by kiritos2k, May 31, 2017.

1. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i know nothing i am useless for now. gotta find a guide on youtube just to at least know how the cool kids do it

2. Rhey

Rhey DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Nope im not :'(

3. I'm pretty good with redstone. I've made a key system using droppers and redstone to open iron doors and a fun puzzle using redstone.

4. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Nopie. It's too complicated for me :3

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I never bothered with redstone that much, i only know how to make basic things like piston doors and such. Reason being that i only play on survival mode and i never bother making anything automatic because i like to do things manually considering that i have gotten so used to that. It is pretty hard for me to change my habits because i tend to just play with my old habits and manners.

6. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Didnt use it that much either... many times that i did it didnt work properly and i had to find a way to fix it... (or i got pissed off and left it as it was...)

7. Takes a while to become good at redstone, but if you understand Boolean logic gates and can recreate them using redstone, you can do a lot of things (build a combination lock, create a door that opens from inside or outside using a lever, to more complicate designs). Here's a nice guide for creating your own logic.

The simplest logic you can create is a "NOT" gate since that just requires a trail of redstone connected to a block with a redstone torch facing the other side. In other words, when you turn on the redstone trail, the torch turns off.

But when you build contraptions, it's important to simplify your logic as much as you can (think Boolean logic), so you don't use redundant redstone that you don't need. And because redstone signal travels up to a distance, I think it's important to know how to simplify your redstone contraption.