1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

‘Rune’ in the New Year with 24-hour round the world RuneScape Celebration!

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by GameOgreVideos, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    39 time zones. 24 hours. One worldwide celebration!

To pop the cork on the all-year celebration of RuneScape’s 10th anniversary, Jagex Game Studio is hosting a 24-hour challenge for one brave (and well rested) RuneScape moderator, to celebrate the ringing of 2012 with RuneScape players across the globe.

With each of the 39 strokes of midnight, occurring in the 39 time zones across the world, players will be alerted to the moderator’s in-game location through Facebook, Twitter, and in-game, that they can seek him out and join in these once a year festivities.

Using the hashtag “#RS24†on Twitter, players can join in the conversation, keep track of his progress, and connect with fellow players as he celebrates the coming of 2012 with RuneScape players the world round.

Have a happy holiday season, and looking forward to capping RuneScape’s 10th anniversary with global count downs to the New Year! 10…9…8…7…(repeat 39x)

RuneScape - MMORPG - The No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game

2. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    The Jmod is Mod Sabre btw.

Too bad they aren't giving out any prizes...typical =p

3. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Cat you should probbally change "Runescape moderator" to J-Mod becuase "Runescape moderator" makes it sound like it's a P-mod instead of a J-Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
  4. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    This is an official press release they sent me. I havent typed or changed any of it myself. Being as its an official press release, Im not going to change what they sent me to post. If they send me an edit later asking me to change it then I will. Otherwise dunno what they were thinking but Jagex was the one who called him that.

5. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    You have an "odd" version of it. I dunno why they wouldn't list the Jmod's name that is...hm.

The official release of this is on the home page of RuneScape.

Mod Sabre's New Year's Eve Challenge

Mod Sabre just loves New Year’s Eve. In fact, he’s not stopped telling us how much he loves it for about a month now. So, we’ve set him a challenge to put his love of New Year celebrations to the test - to see in the New Year in each and every time zone around the world.

To our surprise, he accepted, and so for all of our entertainment, Mod Sabre will attempt to celebrate New Year’s Eve 39 times in just 24hrs.

It’s a tall order to put it mildly and so we demand proof! That’s why to succeed Mod Sabre must be logged into RuneScape every time a clock strikes midnight throughout the world.

If you’d like to witness a grown man cry, then you can find more details and track his progress on our Facebook page, on Twitter (#RS24) and on our forums. And if you want to keep him company, see in your New Year with him or just point and laugh, you can join him on a RuneScape world near you.

Will Mod Sabre survive this ordeal? Vote now!

Mod Paul M

Or you can read it here RuneScape - News - Mod Sabre’s New Year’s Eve Challenge

6. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    thanks for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.