1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed: Rogue Full Review

Discussion in 'Sandbox Games' started by Kimijee, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Kimijee

Kimijee Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Now the trailers, cinematic ones can be watched here
    gameplay trailer can be watched here

Game official site you can visit here.

You can purchase this game on steam and save 35% here

STORY:

In this part of the game you take your stand as Shay Cormac an ex assassin that turned himself to the templar order. Unlocking new features in the game like your own new ship Morrigan, that has major firepower and manuverability. Story begins as you are an Assassin at the beginning of the game you're after precursor temples, manuscript of anicent power of those who lived before. Now precursor temples are like buried under the major capital towns, as you find one in Lisbon Portugal, you don't know its power so you go and try to take it, but on the moment u grab it. BOOM! Whole temple starts destroying itself and causing a major earthquake to that point an epicenter, as the whole town starts collapsing and lot of innocent die there. After that seen what you have done u start a fight with your mentor Achilles(old guy from Assassin's creed III, yes this is happening before that part, and after AC:Black Flag) and you take manuscript for yourself to put it away from Assassins but they catch you and shoot you! From that point game begins You wake up in the home of an ex templar Finnegan, his parents take care of you and u meet Colonel Monro a templar, with his help u're trying to stop the assassins from finding precursor temples and destroying towns. Will Shay succeed? Buy the game and see for yourselves! Oh yeah and its a really short campaign but I can tell you this is really the best Assassin's creed you will ever play! Also the soundtrack its good, very epic, my favorite one is "Run, Shay, Run" Listen to it and i bet you will buy the game instantly.

SIDE ACTIVITES

Naval Forts:
    Naval Forts are huge bases on island across the map that you can raid with your ship destroy them and take them under your control, more forts seized more control on the map you have, less enemy ships you will see until you're fully upgraded your ship.

Templar maps and treasures:
    Templar maps and treasures are maps u find across the map that give you coordinates on where the treasure is buried, find all the treasures to unlock 11th century templar armor outfit.

Native pillars and totems:
    Native pillars are like templar maps found across the map collect them all by solving their puzzles and unlock treasure Native Armor outfit.

Viking Swords:
    Again like totems and templar maps find them across map buried and collect them all to unlock Viking Armor outfit.

War letters:
    Collecting those will not give you anything special besides some writings that i didn't really cared about but i collected them all.

Cave paintings:
    Again and again collectible that can be found across map as a some cave painting on the wall scan them all with your eagle sense(v) and reveal a really really nice story, and get additional armor reward outfit.

Blueprints Elite Designs:
    Again x5 you will find them across map they contain elite designs for your ship upgrades, collect them and make your ship hell on earth.

Legendary ship battles:
    Like in Assassin's creed IV Black flag, you will face ships with enormous fighting and defensive powers, you will get big money rewards after beating those and after finishing all three, you will face an epic legendary ship that is pain in the a*se really, because it can litterally 5 shot you even if you have ALL elite designs on your ship, and oh when you put it on really low hp, it will call backup 2 more legendary ships so you will face 3 legendary ships in one battle. If you succeed to beat it you will unlock Templar Outfit and Kraken sails, Kraken figurehead and Kraken Wheel for your sheep alongside with the huge money reward.

Settlements:
    Settlements are like smaller towns on the islands, you will face some objectives when engaging them like destroy enemy power supply, cut down enemy flag, or even kill some particular guards. When u do that you will take the control of the settlements and get some cargo needed for upgrading your ship, also money rewards.

Gang HQ's :
    Gang HQ's are like naval forts only in cities on ground, you will have to take over those to gain control of the areas and increase money that you can take sometimes from the bank.

Animus Challenges:
    Animus challenges are challenger you get in game to do, when completing those you will unlock cheats that can be activated in option menu, not that if u activate cheats save option will be disabled from that point of the game.

Assassin Interceptions:
    Triggering assassin interceptions mission is catching the birds on the various locations across map, when doing so you will be asked to locate target and defend him from assassins, kill all assassins trying to take target down before timer runs out and get nice money rewards, after completing all interceptions you will unlock special reward.

Renovations:
    Across map of the assassin's creed rogue you will find renovation buildings, that you can choose to repair and increase the money outcome you get in your bank, also you will need some of the resources gained from taking over settlements, plundering warehouses, or robbing ships. When you complete all renovations you will unlock special governor sword.

Warehouses:
    Warehouses are like settlements placed across map you need to get in undetected kill key holders and plunder the warehouse for some money, and resources.

Hunting animals and hunting challenges:
    Animals can be found across map and ocean, hunting them will get you the the abilities to craft new equipment, ammo pouches, weapon holsters. Hunting challenges are quests to hunt certain number of animals in given time, by doing so you get money rewards and after doing all challenges unlocking a special prize.

Random events:
    Random events happen as u play the game, they can be help ally ships in a battle, free hostages without being detected etc.

Naval Campaign:
    Naval campaigns can be accessed from your ship captain's room and basically you send your ships from the fleet on the missions, unfortunate you cant play that missions, its like mini games that need some period of time to finish, first ones are the shortest as u progress mission can take up to 2 hours of the game time. Doing so you will unlock upgrades, equipment, pistols and swords for you and your ship.

Bar fights:
    In all most each region you have bars, entering there and talking to the waiter will cause a start of a bar fight with some bandits take them out by the hand, and talk to bar tender to gain information where are nearby supply camps or high valuable ships that you can rob.

Abstergo tablets:
    When outside of the animus, as the game progress you will have to find tablets across the abstergo building, collecting all those will get you an exclusive set of pistols in game.

Abstergo computers:
    Also when you're outside of your animus you will find computers in abstergo building repairing them by solving their puzzles wont get you anything special besides % of completed game, but they are fun, and complicated sometimes. Make sure u try them.

Well that's basically all you need to know about Assassin's Creed Rogue, Hope you liked my review and enjoyed reading it, its long i know :devilish:

My review of the game: 9/10
    - 9 because of the short campaign but probably the best Assassin's Creed i ever played so far.

Also if you can, rate my review and do you want some more of them in future? I wrote this here because i really don't know how or where to write blog, or review. If admins can copy this review to the official page. Cheers :chinese::chinese:

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    PM Ogreman encase he doesn't see this if you wanna see about posting this to the main blog :) Good review :)

3. Kimijee

Kimijee Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I will thanks, my hands are literally dying and hurt so much, took this like an hour or so to write. I will make more in future, i have some couple of them in my mind(head) right now... but now am to lazy to write them... need to rest a bit.. :)
    *edit, feel free to contact me if you want some particular game review to be done, i will be more than pleased to do so. I'm here to help, and also I've found where i belong. :)

Hope this will be RoW, Review of the Week :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
  4. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Veeery nice review,is this similiar to Black Flag,does it have shipping>?

5. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
  6. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nice review, I like it :)

7. MarcusFernandez

MarcusFernandez Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Nice review and i just wanna say that ubisot did not fail with rouge :D