1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Attention All Forum Gamers

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by p, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Hello! As some of you may have noticed, I've recently been established as a mod of this section of the GameOgre.com forum. I'm glad to be here helping out in the section I started out in.

You may also have noticed that JaredOzzy and I have been closing a number of threads. Many of them have been new ones that copied the old ones, but others have been older threads that may have been a favorite of yours. This is to cut down on some of the spam and make it a cleaner section overall (because aside from giveaways, it's probably the most busy section). This was somewhat announced by ogreman in this thread, but I thought it best to also make a post here, as some people don't venture out and read ogres breakfast.

If we've closed a thread you like, I request that you post here instead of making a v2 of it, if it was closed it was for a reason (though if no reason was provided when closing it, feel free to ask here). Our goal is not to, when we're done, leave you with only Good vs Evil and Memory lane. That wouldn't be much fun or diverse. We're simply trying to clean it up to improve the experience. If you have any suggestions, please let us know here or in the thread linked above.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    In case anybody is wondering, PureEvil has been made a mod of the forum games to help with this section. It needed some careful attention due to copycat threads and several threads being in the wrong section. If anybody has further ideas on how to improve Forum Games, feel free to post in this thread or to PM me:).

3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  4. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yeah i closed it

5. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  6. p

Credit:
    vocal abandoned it, closed.

7. robygame

robygame BamBam

Credit:
    OK, i would say that our mod did a good job

8. p

Credit:
    Why thank you, roby, we do our best :)

9. Joker

Credit:
    Why are old threads like Hot or Not closed? The newer threads that were clones made more sense to close than old ones that have been around for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Good question.

11. p

Credit:
    Let's see... stuck that thread for jared.

Anyway. Posting the same thing someone else has isn't good, though, because it means you haven't learned anything sqdlin:).

I thought I took care of all the doubles though....

Anyway. Both old and new of things have been closed. Hot or not specifically was closed because it appeared very much to be people opening up the thread, typing either hot or not, then putting another word, then leaving, without even looking at the post above it (though I have re-opened the thread, at least for now)
    The rate the....above you has been closed for a similar thing, only it was just the same people rating each other over and over again, with no change of avatars. That's not even a game. As an extreme example, kurotsuna created a copycatish version and he and len got through something like two pages just back and forth of them. Not good.

Yes or no was closed because unlike being similar with agree/disagree and true/false, which ogre was okay with leaving, it was being used in exactly the same way. It wasn't being used in the way it should (yes/no questions), and I did ask a few times, with no results. So away it went.

I think that's all the specifics people have questions for. I dunno, logen was the first to actually ask me.

12. Joker

Credit:
    IMO too many threads have been closed.

13. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't think to many threads have been closed.

If you guys think that there should be more games make some more but try to be creative and not make copies :p

14. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Besides, there are so many threads that you need 24/7 if you want to read all of them, because every 5 seconds there will be a new post

15. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    In this case, a game that is the same or vary similar to another game that already exist, but if you prefer an exact definition:

An imitation or reproduction of an original

17. Joker

Credit:
    Why is that a big deal? Some of the forum games are fun:D.

18. Freedum

Freedum Club Swinger

Credit:
    I don't think there are too many... there should be at max one page, so I don't believe there are to many closing... there is loads of activity and it moves very fast, so just continue with the ones that are currently open. And if you fill them all... take a break off the freaking computer for 5 minutes and wait... Even though i post in it I agree... people like it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.