1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Auto-Run Feature on Mobile

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    So recently, this feature was removed on mobile, meaning you can no longer double tap the joystick to automatically run. On PC, however, you can still click on the mouse wheel to auto-run.

What do you think of the removal of the auto-run feature on mobile? Was it a good idea? Was it a feature you used often? Do you wish for it to return, perhaps with a toggle option in the settings?

For me, the auto-run feature was probably the best thing that was added to the game for mobile, so it is disappointing to see this feature removed. Considering that I use a small phone and my headphone jack plugged into my phone makes it uncomfortable to put my hand on the joystick for a long period of time, the auto-run feature made playing the game at least more comfortable. This feature also made kiting monsters with mage easier since you only have to focus on swiping the screen and clicking on the attack buttons, not simultaneously swiping the screen, holding down the joystick, and clicking on the attack buttons which is very difficult to accomplish. I wish they kept the feature in the game, maybe as a toggle option since some players appreciate auto-run and some find it a nuisance.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Oh? It got removed huh? That sure is inconvient. Auto-run should be added back because there wasn't any benefit to get rid of it.

3. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I personally like the autorun feature but then im not the only player, a lot of this opinions against it has been due the parkour bein hard. I don't mind it bein removed so if it helps others control their game more then why not. I wish for a toggle feature tho so we cn choose to turn it off or on depending on preference but still it's OK even if itsitnot there.

4. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wait, they really removed it? Well this month , I experienced this auto-run when I am in crowded room (laggy room). I don't know if this is work for you but what i did was double tap the middle screen and double tap also the thumb stick button

5. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i dont like auto run feature.. i am so glad that it i removed and i wish it never comes back

6. codelance

codelance Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    you mightve clicked on an NPC? But yeah its been removed. I kinda abhor it too during the parkour challenge and i have yet to experience an instance when i needed it badly. So Pro over Cons, im glad its gone.

7. Masako

Masako Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I didn't really liked the auto-run in mobile when I accidentally used it, it makes me fall out of the parkour.

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    It was kind of ubcomfortabke feeling since In used to do auto run seemingly almost all the time

9. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There is no NPC in Underworld parkour. And still the auto-run occured when lag strikes.

10. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i don't use auto-run much even on my laptop but i can see the benefits of letting people toggle on if they like it

11. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Was it really removed? I can still auto run.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Think they readded it back to the game. Not sure why it was removed in the first place, or if they intended to, but at least it's back.

13. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    For the mobile users its a good option, but sadly they removed it

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am glad that auto run exists still on PC, but mobile users deserve to have it too!

Sabugo likes this.
  15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They brought back auto-run some time ago. You just double tap the joystick to auto-run. One mobile feature I'd like to see on PC is double click on the screen to jump, which used to be a feature a long time ago when there wasn't really a PC interface.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I do wonder why it was removed in the first place? Maybe a coding mishap or something? Good thing it's back and i wouldn't mind that double-mouse-click-to-jump feature to be added.

17. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I wish they could just add an option in settings, wr you can disable the double tap from mobile, instead of removing the feature completely.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We really need more things we can toggle, just like this!

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Think they announced the possibility of an option to disable it in their latest design notes. Personally, I've never had any issue with auto-run since I've never accidentally double tapped the joystick.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I don't see auto-run being a problem even if i activate it accidentally. It takes slightly less effort to move so now you just have to rotate the camera and all is set!