1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Background Display Quick-Tip

Discussion in 'Gamer Creations' started by Drama, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Alright well some people claim that their backgrounds make them lag. Sound bizzare? Well it is not.

When quality whores like me use PNG and JPG pictures as background, the background can actually make your computer lag a bit each time.

So, how do you fix this Ichi?

Quite simple. One word.

Bitmap.

Yes by turning your picture into a bitmap version. This is also known as a bmp file.

Now you might be asking yourself "but why?, It turns out as a larger file than before!?"

Why you ask? Well, why do you think normally paint wants to save your files as a bitmap picture? Because a PC can process the information from a bmp file much easier (from what I've been told) and therefore load it faster :)

So try it out. See if it works for you or not. Yadadadaa

2. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    If you have a fast and good enough laptop or pc then it shouldn't lagg with png or jpg.
    The quality of the picture could drop when using bmp, I think, but not 100% sure about quality dropping, since I only used PNG and JPG for backgrounds.

3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    well you might not notice it. But it helps regardless usually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.