1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Battle of Immortals - Game/Cash Shop rant[MUST READ IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY]

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Malevolentality, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malevolentality

Malevolentality Malevolentality

Credit:
    First off and foremost. If this annoying or it may seem immature, i apologize, i'm just makin' this thread because This game i list here is being put there because of howmuch the cash shop affects the game. And it's kind of stupid how they figure out ways to tag "Free MMORPG" and get people to believe it wont cost them money...

Rant is going to be first.

Battle of Immortals - Should be called "Battle of Bets", this game is so money hungry, every time they have a new cash shop item released it's always inside a chance box. And they make the chances of getting these items 0.01%, it's sickening at how much money you have to spend to even get that item... Everything about this game is chance.. They even have instances for people who spend $$$ to do higher chance runs to try and get soul gears, and even that isn't worth it.. It's basically chances with chances inside another chance... "chance inception" It's sickening because it's so true!!!!... Now i know every game has the "Chance" for everything but the way BOI does it is stupid.
    When i say everything is a chance, i am not kidding you. All upgrades is a chance, armor upgrades, weapon upgrades, weapon socketing, armor socketing, mount upgrading, pet upgrading... Then there is more... Pet fortiying, pet skill slot unlocking, "skill book fragments" get 10 of those to get a random pet skill... Even when you meld pets... There is a chance to lose all your money invested into your gen 1 pet that you spent so much upgrading to get a good meld... It's crazy in my opinion!

Now....
    On a positive note. The game is actually quite fun, with or without money, gameplay is awesome, graphics are pretty nice in my opinion, the depth of the pet system is quite amazing... Mounts are pretty cool, the instances and guild instances are also pretty nice... My favorite thing about the game is the Inductee feature.... It's like a give and get kind of thing for the gamer.. pretty cool... Anyways....

Hope this is a good bit of info.... sry if i seemed immature...

2. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Like the way how you first destroy the game and then say it is quite fun :p

3. Malevolentality

Credit:
    Haha, i thought i should be blunt at first and then be nice...

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    To be fair to Perfect World Entertainment they have to make money somehow, they are dumping thousands of dollars down the drain just for the servers, if they didn't make it so buying things was almost needed they wouldn't make enough. Some times these companies go overboard but again they have to make money somehow, the only way to avoid it is playing P2P games or games like Guild Wars but again they continually release expansions to keep the money rolling.

5. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    As Aadron said, though IMO most of PWE's games are cash shop and lottery heavy. The saving grace for me is that PWE makes it so you can earn their cash shop currency ingame via their AH. So if your willing to work a bit harder you can still get anything from the cash shop you need usually.

Also most stuff in the lottery boxes is tradable, i skip buying the boxes myself and just buy what I want from them straight out from another player who won it. Most of the time its a lot cheaper that way lol.

6. Malevolentality

Credit:
    I read both Cat's and Aadron's reply. You're both right. I agree, i just wanted to rant.

But in my opinion they made it pretty heavy on the cash shop, yeah it's cheaper to buy items you want from other players but it's inflated sometimes due to the rarity... The hades feathers are like 100m+ if you get one from a 2.5mil zen item box.... thats the kinda stuff that really urks me. But yeah i totally agree that they need to make money some how to keep it F2P... Good points. and Thx for actually reading my wall of rant :)

7. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    No problem, there very seldom is the "perfect" game, or any game that doesnt get to you at some point in time over something :) I been playing PWE games before they even came to NA. I know they can be frustrating and sometimes you just need a good rant! :D

8. Malevolentality

Credit:
    haha yupp i had that building up in a bottle for a while, i'm glad i could post a rant about it :) and it's cool some people see where i'm coming from...

I played PW before it became "International" btw :p wbu?

9. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Yeah I played the MY version of PW for about a year. I also played the MY version of JD(Celestial Destroyer) for a good long time. Then finally PWE decided to come to NA and I switched from Cubizone. Though sometimes I do miss the MY cash shop pricing. Because of the exchange rate everything was like 5-10x cheaper lol.

10. Malevolentality

Credit:
  11. Cesuke

Cesuke Ogre Newling

Credit:
    All i can said: is kinda fun but in 2 months i spent like 3X the money i spended in WOW in 1 year... and is a free mmorpg...

12. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    I think most people end up spending more in any Free to play game then they do in Paid to play games if they use the cash shop. Thats how free to play games stay in business.

13. Cesuke

Cesuke Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Yeah, a very good bussiness... i never though in spending so much but temptemtion was awesome !!

14. Tippie

Tippie BamBam

Credit:
    battle test

Its a bit of a WoW ripoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.