1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by Lions, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Pros- graphics, giant maps, lots of customization, stat tracking

Cons- single player sucks, EVERYONE camps, OP vehicles, spawn system may be worst I've ever played

Anyone else get it? I like it overall but they really need to change some things up.

2. MagnusLensherr

MagnusLensherr Big Brute

Credit:
    im planning to get it buuuut..i dunno :/

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    What don't you like about the spawn system?

4. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    After reading ur post Lions BF3 doesn't sound 2 good :(

milanbasket likes this.
  5. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    1. No killcams. Doesn't allow you to learn from your mistakes.

2. You have to wait for like 10 seconds before you respawn. Fine, good idea actually. But during this waiting time you would think they would allow you to customize or even just switch your classes. But no, after your 10 seconds are up then you can either press "A" to respawn or "X" to customize classes. It's like if they are going to let you customize your classes in-game, why not do let us do it during the pointless 10 second waiting period?

3. You can spawn off teammates. Good idea that I really like, just like in Halo Reach. But the difference is that in BF3 contrary to Reach, everyone has powerful guns that can kill in a few shots. And when selecting the teammate you are spawning off of, there is no way to really know where they are.. or if they are in a heated gunfight. Plus you spawn standing up. So if someone is prone taking cover and you spawn standing up you get insta-spawn-killed. It's happened to me SO many times already and it sucks. 10 seconds of pointless waiting, yay I get to spawn I'm excited... and then killed right away. They could easily fix this by simply letting us see some sort of birds eye view of our squad members when cycling through which teammate to spawn off of.

And everyone always says "Then don't spawn off teammates". But as everyone who has played Rush (my favorite game mode) in Battlefield before knows, if you spawn back at your base, especially as an attacker, you are literally MILES away from the action. Which means like a minute and a half of just sprinting forward. BORING.

Believe me, it's a good game and worth the money. Quality shooter with a ton of unlockables and things to do and keep yourself busy. It just aggravates me a lot to see what could be a fantastic shooter plagued by such trivial things. I mean honestly, the majority of the negatives of this game could be fixed with a couple of patches, but I doubt it will happen (Medal of Honor was the same way). I mean, the campaign is a bit disappointing but no body plays the big-name FPS titles like CoD or BF for the single player experience. But the multiplayer enough justifies the 60 price tag, plus the co-op is good, and then you get like an 8-hour bonus content type of deal with the single player campaign.

Seriously though, good shooter with great mechanics, just wish it could have been a bit more polished, and who knows, maybe they will patch some of the issues. Besides, compared to other First-Person Shooters I have bought recently (*cough* BRINK *cough*) this is truly worth getting.

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  7. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Is what I wrote considered a review haha?

8. hongli85

hongli85 BamBam

Credit:
    only for PS3?? or Xbox?

9. DarkMage1997

DarkMage1997 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Anybody playing, add me FARIS1987 on origin :)

10. DJPacic

DJPacic MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I was thinking about buying Battlefield 3...What do u think about this game?Is it good investment to buy this game ? What quality is graphic if anyone was playing it ?

11. IgnjatSRB

IgnjatSRB MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Awesome graphic and good game for Single Player but I can't tell you anything about Multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.