1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Beanie Babies! (And their history, briefly.)

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Crownknight, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Has anyone ever collected these? Just curious. I have about fifty set aside. (No, this is not an advertisement.) I even have one with a few tag errors. (Those are sought after.) In case you don't know about Beanie Babies or you don't want to look them up, I will give a brief history:

Beanie Babies were first displayed to the public (and made) in 1993. These Beanie Babies are known as the Original Nine. They were under-stuffed (just like the Beanie Babies to follow) and could be bought with a child's budget. (5$) In 1996, however, the Beanie Craze really took off. It did because Ty noticed that the fabric on Peanut the Royal Blue Elephant wasn't correct. They changed the fabric from a royal blue to a light blue and people began the tedious task of looking in numerous toy stores to find a Royal Blue Peanut. H. Ty Warner, the guy who started the whole thing and who currently owns 100% of the company, noticed this and began "retiring" more Beanie Babies, albeit quicker now. This process would continue until four years later, when, since the Fad was declining, Ty announced that ALL Beanie Babies were to be retired. They quickly changed their mind, however, and allowed the public to choose in a poll whether to have ALL Beanie Babies stay or be retired. The public overwhelmingly said to keep manufacturing Beanie Babies. Afterwards, most people say that the Beanie Baby Fad ended. Ty continued to make Beanie Babies, but they were never as special as they were in the late 90's.

So, to repeat, has anyone ever collected these?
    [​IMG]
    And, as always, see yah!

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've seem them in stores before, but never really collected them. I know there are some that are probably worth a lot in value now, but I'm just not much of a collector.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have collected other things, but i haven't collected these nor heard about them.

4. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I actually used to love theses when I was little. I would try to get all the ones with names. Good times lmao.