1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Best console 2017 - PC?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by RatedMark, Apr 7, 2017.

1. RatedMark

RatedMark BamBam

Credit:
    I've been playing around with the Xbox app on my PC, and I think the last Xbox I've bought was the last, and my pc is just so superior why would I buy a new console? Not a big fan how you gotta play where you purchased it (if you wanna use a console and PC with same account), but I'll just start buying them on the PC.

I was reading somewhere the game developers want a new system every 2 years. That's expensive and we gotta deal with new console hardware. What does everyone think?

YksNarev likes this.
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    PC or console is very depended on the person. Is no wrong answer. Some people find PC works better for them and some like consoles better. I have both, though I prefer consoles overall. Each has strengths and weakness. I'm not sure I understand this part though:

As it's exactly the same on PC, any games you buy on PC, you can only play on PC. So I don't really understand that being a reason to go to PC when it's the same limitations. Xbox App is just an App and not a store like Steam. Microsoft is trying to unify Xbox and PC via "Play Anywhere"... it's a set of titles that if you buy a copy on Xbox you also get a copy on the Windows 10 PC Store. Cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save. However everyone is already so locked into Steam it's struggled to get support outside of Microsoft's own 1st party games.

It's just a rumor at this point. Nothing confirmed. Consoles seem to be moving to ecosystems, upgrades won't be required as your current console would continue to be supported after the new one comes out with all the same games, store, multiplayer etc. Kinda like an iPhone 6s is still supported even though iPhone 7 is out. I really don't think they'll move to every 2 years tho. Guess only time will tell.

YksNarev likes this.
  3. RatedMark

RatedMark BamBam

Credit:
    I was referring to playing all the Xbox titles on my PC, so I could skip the console iterations.

YksNarev likes this.
  4. Wilder94

Wilder94 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I prefer pc atm :)

YksNarev likes this.
  5. Takeshi04

Takeshi04 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I prefer pc too lol

YksNarev likes this.
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Well from what you've said, your reason for PC over Xbox is Xbox games don't work on PC and it costs more to keep up with upgrades. I'm just saying Xbox games are Xbox games, just like PC games are PC games. It works the same on both sides... locks you in. An that the faster release cycle is just rumors and speculation. To be fair, PCs require upgrades too.

Microsoft is trying to bring Xbox games to PC via Play Anywhere. The last couple 1st party games and most if not all of them going forward will be Play Anywhere, which means if you buy a copy on Xbox or Windows 10 PC Store you get a copy on the other for free. Along with achievements, Xbox Live, cross save and in some cases cross play. So it's looking pretty likely you'll be able to play even Halo 6 without an Xbox if you have a good enough PC.

So if you want Xbox games on your PC try to buy them when you can, support Play Anywhere titles so hopefully they can convince more 3rd party games involved. The new Middle Earth game will be the first big 3rd party title supported! :)

YksNarev likes this.
  7. Dijana

Dijana MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I love pc more beacuse than xbox bcs u have more option

YksNarev likes this.
  8. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would choose PC over console any day, but I still like consoles, sport games are much more fun on consoles for me, and there are other games that are better suited for controler :D I love gaming overall, if I had to choose I would choose pc, but I love all consoles aswell

YksNarev likes this.
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Honestly one thing I really like about consoles is their are less cheaters, they do exist but it's a lot harder to do.

YksNarev likes this.
  10. Djordje Badric

Djordje Badric DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I prefer PC like many peoples in this conversation

YksNarev likes this.
  11. Drauis

Drauis Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    PC all the way. I wasnt impressed with the latest xbox.

YksNarev likes this.
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    What do you like about PC over consoles? What didn't you like about the Xbox One X?

YksNarev likes this.
  13. Drauis

Drauis Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I like to be able to use a mouse/keyboard. I hate the new controller on the Xbox One and how difficult it is to get to the game your playing. And it took for ever to set up. The Xbox 360 was way better.

YksNarev and Aaddron like this.
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Fair enough. :) Wow ok, most people absolutely love the Xbox One controller, I personally think it's fantastic design wise... it's durability isn't great though. Kinda surprised by that but everyone is different. As for the games, they all have to be installed because blu-ray is too slow to keep up, it's unfortunate and a pain... I completely agree but also unavoidable. Huge patches have also become way too common. Would also agree it takes too long to set it up out of the box but least it only has to be done once, they may be improving this with fresher OS images on newer boxes, so it might be a different story these days. I know they did rework the whole setup process recently.

Xbox 360 minus it's early hardware disaster was a fantastic console. I still have mine but the disc drive doesn't work... rip. I do miss the speed and ease of navigation of it's OS. Xbox One dashboard has improved in some areas since launch but the OS is still way too bloated and slows down more than it should. Maybe the next big revision later this year will finally fix it.

YksNarev likes this.
  15. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    pc so i can easily multitask playing and youtube or reading websites or music, many possibilities

YksNarev likes this.
  16. Rhey

Rhey DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    For me pc works better since alot of coolgames in pc multiplayer ones

YksNarev likes this.
  17. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I prefer PC because it's a powerful system that can play video games and do more like explore the web.

YksNarev likes this.
  18. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I would choose PC over any other consoles, best one in my opinion.

19. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Would probably say PC, or at least a laptop for portability, since you can play a lot of games and play where you want, but I felt like the Nintendo Switch deserves some recognition. Not only is the Nintendo Switch portable, but it has a lot of AAA games, but also Nintendo-exclusive games that you won't find on Steam or PC such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey.

20. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i prefer pc cause i cant play league of legends on console