1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Best Multiplayer MMO

Discussion in 'Best and Worst Games' started by 0ptixz, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0ptixz

0ptixz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Name your favorite MMO based on it's multiplayer work. What I mean by this is teamwork, for example like in Combat Arms there is a mode called One Man Army and hence it's name there is no teamwork. Or like in Runescape most things you do will not require teamwork.

What is your favorite?

My personal favorite is Combat Arms. First, they recently released Vivox which is a in game voice system, you're allowed to push to talk in a game before it starts and in most modes (except for clan wars) you're allowed to talk to your teammates. Although it does have it's downside to it they have live people monitoring the chats to make sure people behave and to keep it to a minimum with people screaming and going crazy.

If you join a gaming league like WOGL then this is huge. Like you're allowed only 1 "marksman" (sniper) in which he can only carry it and nothing else but a pistol and knife as a back up. It's interesting to watch how teams develop in multiplayer and watching some tactics rise, and some fall.

So there's my little opinion, I haven't played as many MMOs so I don't know if there is something better. People could easily say W.O.W is better and state their reasons, try to keep this in your opinions what you think is best from your experiences.

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I wish I could say Splashfighters, but in actuallty, the users are all really really evil...the community is horrible, and you get people yelling some naughy things in chat (circumventing filters, of course...you hear a lot about socks, but it makes me beat them up harder.)

3. djdakota11

djdakota11 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    perfect world is good

4. Natsume

Natsume Super Awesome RolePlayer Of Splash Fighter

Credit:
    :( Do you think natsume is evil

5. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    As far as the perfect MMO goes. There is no such thing. Each MMO has there flaws. But these flaws can be overcomed by other features the MMO's provide.

In experience I like a game that keeps you playing for awhile (IE getting your moneys worth)

A few games that I played, and I do appoligize if the list isn't massive(only do to the time frames of keeping my intrest)

MMOFPS:
    Battlefield 1942/mods
    Battlefield Vietnam/mods
    Battlefield 2/Expansions/mods
    Battlefield 2142
    Medal of Honor and expansions
    Joint Opperations
    Call of Duty/expansions

MMORPG:
    WoW( a personel record of a span over 5 years)
    Perfect World
    Shaiya
    Requieum
    Guild Wars
    Final Fantacy
    Dungeons and Dragons Online

And some odd ball games:
    Neverwinter Nights, Neverfall, Baldersgate,Ultima,Tomb Raider, Command and Conquer, Flight sim Modern combat online(I belonged to a bomber squadron, in this one. Plane of choice A10 Thunderbolt) And just about any WWII Flight Sim with dogfights and Axis/Allies Factions. StarControl.

And a game that doesn't fall into a popular catagory is Truepoker.com(a MMO card game with animations)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  6. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    No, not you Natsume.

It's just that I hate it when people whine after I beat them :-/

7. rytis

rytis Ogre Newling

Credit:
    i would say splashfighters is good game for mutliplayers its one of the best i pleyed i wish i could have a lot of cyberbux couse that makes it more fun, and also is i love it of its active and it puts a lot of campaigns and prizes on this game also it is great to play with friends because there is a chat box where you can jam with ur friend and thats wy i love this game

8. Aneskeren

Aneskeren Ogre Newling

Credit:
    yea i like splashfighters aswell but i dont like spendin my money on cyberbux

9. matt90

matt90 BamBam

Credit:
    mine was:-
    Ragnarok Online
    Marple Story
    MU Online

10. Stavros

Stavros MMORPGer

Credit:
    I vote for Battlefield Heroes :)

11. mikecross666

mikecross666 Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    ill go for Perfect World

Wonder king and Atlantica online is good too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.