1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Ogre Chest for New Years!?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by videovillain, Dec 31, 2020.

1. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    PSA: I guess this will be obsolete very soon, but Artix seems to be dropping Blue Ogre Chests during his mini events for New Years!

Happy New Years all! I got my first soul today! It was very exciting, I was nearly tempted to spend it right away just to see it! haha!

How many souls does everyone have and or who already has the permanent TF?

2. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    it was perfect. I love it. I got 12 souls

3. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Damn! that's awesome!

4. The chests aren't really worth bothering with anyway, since you only need some amount for the permanent form. Chances are a lot of people have already gotten the form, even those who have never visited this forum.

And besides, I think the the code that you can use to obtain the form is exploitable anyway. When I got the temporary forms, I was able to redeem the same code multiple times, so I don't know if that's been fixed yet.

5. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I really got frustrated last night. I heard there were a lot of live events for April Fool's Day. There was actually a Blue Ogre Chest that dropped and I was pretty excited for it.
    Well, I went to get the soul and I couldn't because I already had three in my vault.
    What can you do at that point? If you leave to get the souls then you lose the loot. And you can't stay and do anything to enable yourself to pick up the loot.

6. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I agree , the unique stack situation causes a lot of people to miss out , some items need to have this tag removed so they may be easier to collect .. sorry to hear you had issues :(

Corom likes this.
  7. I think the solution would be to have items transfer to the bank. Maybe if you try to pick an item, there should be some prompt asking "Item stack exists in your vault. Would you like to deposit it there?" instead of not letting you pick up the item at all. The whole bank system still needs an overhaul.

Rizlaftw and Nihilist like this.
  8. Corom

Credit:
    Sorry for the delay. Snowy, your idea would be brilliantly implemented into the game. I really like it!

9. Probably would be brilliant to implement, but how practical would it be? If inventory and bank was designed with scalability in mind, probably wouldn't be hard to implement. But if the developers intentionally kept them as separate categories with no way of merging the two together, it could result in maintenance if AE has to retransfer items. But even if it takes a long time, I think it's worth it; it's better to have it sooner than to wait.

10. Corom

Credit:
    Even if they could let you add it to your inventory (kind of like gaining daily chest when your inv is maxed out) for a temporary basis, until you could get back and manage things in your vault, that'd be better.
    I really liked it when you could access your vault on the fly using "/bank." Too bad they cut that out. Maybe they felt that no one would ever visit the bank if the vaults were accessible in that way. I'm not sure their reasoning......

11. I think a /bank command would be useful (seems like it would be a dev command, but it ought to be a command for every player; I think players would even pay DCs just to have this feature on the fly). It's kind of ridiculous that you have to visit a map just to access your items. Like if you're in a map and you can't pick up a drop, and the items in your inventory are all needed, you're pretty much out of luck since you would have to leave the map and join the bank map to make room. Otherwise, it would be nice if we could just transfer the item drops directly to the bank instead.

A lot of things AE does is convoluted. Inconvenience is one of the worse experiences in any game, and it's something all video games should avoid if possible.

12. Corom

Credit:
    If only the devs would actually LISTEN to the players on practical issues like this. I actually sent in a report on this incident. I requested that they send me the blue ogre that I missed but, as expected, I got no response on this.

Is it really that surprising?

13. They're a business, so it's not surprising that they would care more about their game and company than their consumers. And they probably get a bunch of reports similar to that, like "I accidentally deleted x" or "Here's a screenshot of x that I couldn't get" or something along those line. Yet, even when they can't help those kinds of players (even if it's very minor), they start doing things like giving unreleased items (e.g. the 2P Blade) to players. Sometimes I don't really understand what goes on in the developers' mind.

Corom likes this.
  14. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wish I was around when the gdc blade an 2p blade was around, but yeh these blue ogre chests don’t drop much think it’s just a new year thing I’ve had the perm one for a long time already so I just kill for the love coins.

15. Being around for the 2P Blade wouldn't have mattered, since it was removed from the game as many players thought it was unfair to inject unreleased promo items into players' accounts (those who attended an in-real-life convention). And I'm glad it was removed, but I do want to see the 2P Blade make it into the game the fair way.

But I think a 2P sponsor is unlikely to happen any time soon since these promos occurred around the unveiling of Closed Beta; and we've been at Open Beta for like 4 years now. This is probably the longest Beta phase I've ever seen for a video game.

16. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I have few of these items and would love to have more of these chests to help