1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Brace Yourself for Tavern Brawl

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by Aaddron, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    There’s a rumbling behind the doors of the Tavern. Hearthstone’s latest patch is coming soon and it introduces some big changes and features, so let’s throw open the doors and find out what’s next on tap!

Introducing Tavern Brawl!

Tavern Brawl is a new way to play Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft!

[​IMG]

Each week, a different Tavern Brawl will pit you head to head versus another player using exciting and unique rules. One week might feature preset decks, while another week could have you crafting a brand new Tavern Brawl deck following specific guidelines, while others might offer buffs to specific minion types—who knows!

Tavern Brawl can be found below the Play, Solo Adventures, and the Arena buttons on the main Hearthstone screen. You may have to toughen up before entering the fray—Tavern Brawl is unlocked once a player has a level 20 Hero.

The possibilities for fun inside Tavern Brawl are endless— the only thing you should expect is the unexpected!

Brawl with Buddies

While it’s fun to get into Tavern Brawls with strangers, it’s also a blast to brawl with your buddies! To start a Tavern Brawl with a friend, enter the Tavern Brawl menu, open your Friends List, and push the ‘Challenge’ button next to your friend’s name. After they accept, press the Brawl Friend button and let the battle begin!

GET IN HERE

The first playable Tavern Brawl arrives in Mid-June, so get ready to pile on and knock some heads together. Brawls get plenty rowdy, so the Innkeeper will definitely need a couple of days after each one ends to get the inn all tidied up before the next brawl begins. That means Tavern Brawls are temporarily closed while the Innkeeper cleans up before a new, different brawl starts—so be sure to get a match or two in while you can! Stay up to date on when the next Tavern Brawl begins by keeping an eye on the official Hearthstone Twitter and Facebook.

Tavern Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available. As part of the launch celebration, you'll earn a free card pack when you win your first game of the week in the first several brawls!

New Challengers Appear

New Heroes put a fresh face on the classes you know and love. Each new Hero takes an iconic personage from Warcraft history and brings them to the inn. These Heroes feature animated portraits, a unique animated version of their Hero Power, personalized game board artwork, all new emotes, special match start animations, and a custom-themed card back.

These Heroes will be available for purchase using real money in the Heroes section of the in-game shop.

Magni Bronzebeard, King of Khaz Modan and Thane of Ironforge, is the new Warrior Hero. This noble dwarf will bring the hammer down upon his foes! He’s not the only new face coming to the tavern, and there are more heroes yet to come:

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/5GBET5XDUWIV1433788059858.png
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/OSH8JXDMLYCW1433788059858.png

Keep in mind that new Heroes do not add new cards to your collection, change the classes’ Hero Power, and are not considered new classes.

Customize Your Decks

Customize each of your decks like never before by assigning each one its own card back! Your card back collection has been moved to the Collection Manager. Selecting a card back will give you a closer look at it and allow you to set it as your favorite, making it your default card back for all decks.

If you want to assign a different card back to one of your decks, just open the deck you want to assign the card back to, select the card back tab in your Collection Manager, then drag your card back into the waiting card back slot.

[​IMG]

Your new Heroes work the exact same way! Just go to the Heroes tab to see all the Heroes you’ve collected. Select a Hero and set them as a favorite, which will assign them to every deck you play with that class. You can also pick and choose Heroes for specific decks, so if a new Hero has joined your collection, you don’t have to leave an old favorite out in the cold.

Each deck in your collection can be assigned a unique card back and Hero.

Let the Games Begin!

We hope you enjoy all the new features coming with Patch 2.7. Be sure to get into a Tavern Brawl, add a new Hero to your roster, and have fun picking a different card back for each of your decks.

We’ll see you at the inn!

Source

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Aww so it wasn't 2v2, still pretty cool. Hopefully 2v2 is still coming down the line.

3. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    rly cool mode if you are bored from face hunters in ranked/normal game
    or if you are bored from mages in arena .... xD

Relaxing .... :)

4. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yea, to bad that it isnt 2v2. But am looking forward for new Brawls. 1st one was rly good

5. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Rly good thing here is free deck, 1st brawl was still the best, they rly need to try hard for beat that

6. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Tavern brawl is awesome mode. I always get good cards on it. :3 Thumbs up!

7. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah. The mode is great. I don't get as lucky with cards tho. :) But one free pack every week is nice. :)

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm so bad at these D:

9. brankomiljus20

Credit:
  10. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Best brawl so far, like because u need to play with your opponent not against him, to bad that many ppl still dont realize that

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah it's cool they are trying something new with it. Sounded like an awesome idea. Of course some will be trolls and choose not to work with you on purpose and others yet will be completely clueless x.x

12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Yea i had rly bad players that made game impossible to win, like cast that minion that make all my spells for free on 2-3 turn, also do that with "cho", after plays like that i just FF game. But there are also rly good players. I actually won brawl on 5th turn, we buffed his minion with over 100 attack, one shoot win :) He played minion that make all my spells free, after that i played cho, buffed up his minion up to 48, and he did same buffs. My favorite win :)

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'll have to give it a shot before it's over... assuming it's not over already.

14. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    U missed it, it was far best brawl so far, i played this one more then all other combine

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ah ok, I'm sure they'll do it again at some point. Heck it may even become it's own feature someday :)

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I would rly like that, mby few different bosses with other classes, i know that with paladin and priest was easiest to make because they have lots of buff cards, but i would like like to see druid there