1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Bugged arcade games

Discussion in 'Ogre Arcade' started by brankomiljus20, Sep 5, 2014.

1. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Tnx, i just wish that more ppl play arcade so we can find all minor bugs, upgrade sounds rly nice, hope it will come soon :)

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    It has been played quite a bit over the years:). It has also been pruned at least twice.

3. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Since i came on forum, only 3-4 ppl spend solid amount of time on arcade. We need something to encourage rest of ppl to play it. There are so many rly good games just w8ing to be played

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Any suggestions on how to get even more people on the arcade:).

5. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    Some upgrdes... I was also played a lot of Arcades, some of them are really interesting, but some of them need updates... :) If is there any possibility where I can help, I will do it.

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Define upgrades and updates.

7. Garagos

Credit:
    I can write game titles which I think that needs update. For upgrade, I need more time. :)

8. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    There must be other way to get more ppl, arZ and i discussed about creating weekly contest for arcade games, name few games, then who ever have High Score on end of week, gets certain amount of forum points

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  9. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yes ... this is maybe the best way to get more ppl.

Something like daily or weekly quests ... :)

1-3 high scores = 25 points ( 3max per day/week ) - I would prefer a week
    One score of all time = 50 points ( 1max per day/week ) - I would prefer a week
    Bonus Quest = Beat one Coffee Addicted highscore = 100 points - I would prefer a week

Points rewards = more ppl :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Providing a reward will just line the better arcade players pockets with points, it may motivate a few good players to play more for a time but that will in turn lead to even higher scores and ultimately further push everyone else out of the arcade. A small amount of motivation is unlikely to fix the problem and I'm sure it'll be abused by someone at some point.

The real problem in my opinion is the highscores are high scores and people can't beat them. Most people won't spend hours trying to beat a well set highscore and a handful of points is not gonna change that.

The absolute best way to increase activity in my opinion is a reset. Resets have already proven to increase activity, the weeks following a reset usually had more people playing. The trend usually continued until a good player swooped in and picked up most of the highscores.

Have a set season say a month to 3 months long, all time highscores stay but everything else gets reset. This would give more people an actual chance at having a highscore and the better players would have more chances to fight it out rather than sitting on ridiculously good numbers that they got one day and no one can be bothered to beat. The all time highscores would remain as a goal for the really really good players.

11. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I blame arZ and his 100 High scores for that :D (jk btw)

I was thinking about something like that to. To be honest i was reduce my time for playing cause i needed a lots of time to get even close to arZ. I decided to w8 reset, then start to play active again. But i never think about that globally, like you did. I rly like this idea and i think that should be done soon, 3 months for reset would be perfect.

My thoughts about points giving were: when ppl start to play arcade, they mby like it a lot and play even more, but for fun not for points. But as i said i like ur idea more

12. Aaddron

Credit:
    They wouldn't necessarily have to be mutually exclusive, I'm not saying points is a bad idea just points always bring extra problems and I'm not sure it will actually do a whole lot in terms of increasing activity.

13. Garagos

Credit:
    I think that Aaddron idea is great. Rest highscores may bring more players active in Arcade games.

14. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I understand what do u wana say and as i said agree with u but,
    how about combination of these two ? For every reset (on 3 months) 1st place get curtain amount of points ?

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    That is what I'm saying, it's possible a combination in some form could be done. It doesn't have to be one or the other type thing, of course this is all just ideas though. Ultimately it's up to Ogreman.

16. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    dont blame me Branko ... I was bored ... xD
    And what are you doing when you are bored ... playing "short" games xD

Yea its cool, what Aaddron wrote ... reset it and we have 100% more players in the Arcade section.

I tried to find a way without a reset ... but when its the only way go one ... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  17. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Totally aree with u.

Rule No 1 after reset: arZ must w8 at least 20 days from retest, to start playing games :D

18. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    No problem ... !
    I wait 30 days ... ppl just play arcade games :)

19. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    For some reason the score on mine for longshot always bugs for me so I always get the score on popuise its quite annoying and maybe the bloons tower defense:

He might have stayed alive along time probably if not its bugged hed need like 4 super monkeys I only got up to 2

20. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I had same problem with longshot, that is probably HS from another yeti game, and somehow ended up there.
    I played bloons tower defense a lot, i never had that bug, however HS on that game is bugged also, i finished game so many times and always has same score, i did it even faster then player from 1st place, but still was 2nd