1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Vladimir Djukic, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Vladimir Djukic

Vladimir Djukic Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Can you give me some advice or picture below for some good details in buildings?

2. cekavicok

cekavicok Brute New Ogre

Credit:
  3. cugurovic

cugurovic MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i make a airplane
    sry no photo :)

4. CedvitaGO2

CedvitaGO2 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Best tip is probably just fill your house with something, make rooms. Don't make jus one empty box :p

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This is very true, can make any house look a lot more impressive inside by just adding rooms. Get creative with it too, doesn't have to be full on closed off rooms. Open concepts, half walls, arches, gaps etc add to fill the house while still leaving a lot of room, especially in smaller houses.

6. Sean_AQ3D

Sean_AQ3D MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Make a city maybe? I did that once and it was fun.

7. My general building tips:
    - Vary the area/perimeter of the building. For instance, don't make your building a simple rectangle. You could create circles (see this tool for creating a perfect circle), semicircles, and ovals.
    - In addition, you don't always need to be symmetric with what you're building. If you ever look at a blueprint of a house, most houses are not complete squares or rectangles, and even the rooms inside of a building tend to vary in shape and size.
    - Vary the depth of the building. For example, don't just use stone bricks. Use stone brick stairs and slabs to accentuate parts of your building (i.e. to build columns, overhangs, etc.).
    - Try going with themes for your buildings or for different rooms for your building. You can have a room with red wool carpet and some red theme, a room with green wool carpet and some green theme, etc.
    - Use references. For example, if you want to build a medieval structure, look online to see what a medieval structure would look like.
    - If you plan to build a city or something massive, use tools like World Edit or have friends ready to help you. It's never a good idea to have a project that will end up being incomplete.