1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Centralised Stats Site

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by startstop, May 24, 2011.

Centralise Stats Site

1. I'm not interested

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sounds good for me as a user

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. As a developer, I'd be interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't understand the question ;)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. startstop

startstop Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi All -

I've been developing a site which to host game and other stats centrally. It allows users to collect all their stats in one place. :)

I'm looking for developers with online games to integrate the game stats (and trophies) with this platform. If even if you don't have a game, then I'd welcome input.

At the moment there's just a couple of open source plugin's, for minecraft and iTunes.

I suppose, I'll open this to the floor, let me know if you're interested, or if I can help you with an integration, etc. As I can't post any links right now, then please drop me an email or reply to this thread.

All the best,

Phil.

2. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would be interested as a user.

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    not interested, got my own stats already

4. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    The problem with this is that there are already plenty of other services offering similar things to this, but better, such as Steam, which is the giant amongst all of them. And something like Steam has already GOT a stats and achievements system for lots, and lots of games. And even Steam couldn't possibly get all games, there are plenty of PC games that can't be found on Steam, such as Minecraft.

Which is a key point here. It's simply too much to ask to get every PC game in the world to integrate their stats with one central system. It's too much to ask to get even half of them to integrate their stats with one central system. What Steam offers is that it's already the status quo, their leader in the market, and developers join it all the time. Making this kind of system in what is a hugely crowded market, as a LONE developer, would be pretty much impossible for you to make much presence.

Also, I, personally, like shugo, don't have much interest for gathering all my stats in one place anyway. Sorry.

5. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    what he said ^

First my stats for Roma are too unique to be able to integrated in a generic stats collection site. Second why would I want to? I already have my own system for storing and distributing it. It only seems to be more effort for no reward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.