1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

collection of face thumbnails?

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by shugo, Feb 12, 2014.

1. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Does anyone know where I can find a free collection of portrait thumbnails?

I can find a collection of ancient Han Chinese face thumbnails. However I am looking for a collection of thumbnails of faces of ancient Romans, Celts, Germans, Carthaginians, Greeks, Persians, Arabs, Berber, Illyrians, Thracians and Scythians.

So far I've only been able to find a handful of face thumbnails of Romans and Celts of varying sizes. It has to be a collection of thumbnails of these ancient ethnicities and preferably thumbnails of uniform width and height.

2. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Would a thumbnail generator help?

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    nope

but nevermind. I found a place where i can get free portraits. I still had to minimize them manually, which was a time consuming process, but at least it is finally done.

In case you're wondering what its for. I wanted players to have the ability to pick a nice little portrait for their character. It is for a new online game that I am making.

4. You could use StableDiffusion or Midjourney to generate face thumbnails. Just be aware of platform policies on AI (I think if you upload a game on Steam containing AI-generated image, you have to disclose the use of AI).

You could also check out RPG Maker MV or some other variant of RPG Maker to leverage creating characters (and avatars), if you're looking to make an RPG.

Otherwise, just visit a royalty-free image site or use the Advanced Search feature from whatever image search engine and pick out an image. Just be aware of licenses (commercial license, free license, etc.), even from websites that say things like "free image". A lot of times, free image sites will include both free images and commercial licensed images, as featuring commercial licensed images actually benefits their business model.