1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Done . doing all daily quest today :p

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Not long enough to award points, sorry.

3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Like what Aaddron said, you need to put a little more effort into your post. Check out the original post for this thread. That'll help. You need to have at least a few sentences. This is a good example since it follows all of the criteria.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is going to be really random, but it's what my mind came up with first, so it has to be honoured :D I need to start a fitness routine, I'm starting to get lazy. And also, after the end of dragonball super, I feel kind of deflated, I wanted more! So I'm waiting for more on that front. I talk a lot, I know XD

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

My favorite kind of rationale for a post! :) Also DB Super ending needed more indeed.

7. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Doing our thesis tonight. Hoping dat we can defend it well. :)

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    My technology woes continue. The controller that came with my Xbox was broken out of the box. Seems like a manufacturing defect. This is me though, it can't be that simple. So the "new sealed" Xbox I bought from the "authorized Microsoft retailer" with a "full warranty" apparently is actually a resale, now I don't believe it was ever opened, just it was purchased and then now resold.

The problem... the warranty started at the first purchase, so it's now a few months into it's 12-month warranty. It really pisses me off they lied but I could live with that... except the controller's warranty started too and it's only 3 months long, which is now expired.

I have to wait until they respond to find out the full damage. Hopefully, they'll work with me and this can all go easy.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Aside from the controller noted yesterday, the console has been excellent so far. Games look absolutely amazing. Am now really glad Assassin's Creed Origins got lost in my backlog shuffle, it looks a lot better than on the base console. Really adds to the experience. Also had no idea it's world was so large until I bumped the map and it zoomed out all the way... like wow. I have a feeling a good portion will be inaccessible or water but still, it's massive.

I kinda wrote the game off when it was announced and up to launch, I'm glad I gave it another look because it really is a great game. A great refresh of the franchise. I'm looking forward to them using this new setup in other locations, though hopefully, it won't lead them back down the same rabbit hole the more recent games were in.

In other news, a GameStop employee leaked that 15 new SKUs for Switch games were added to the system. All placeholder dates and I'd assume prices, tho everything was $59.99. I think these SKUs can be anything from games to accessories, they can also be multiple versions of the same game so it might not be 15 new titles total but it's nice to see more stuff is coming. Last time a leak happened a Direct followed relatively soon after, so we may be getting a pre-E3 direct. Which honestly wouldn't be a huge surprise, E3 has been more of a place for Nintendo to prop up upcoming games, rather than announce them in recent years. Time will tell.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    So the retailer was no help, I couldn't get a human and they wanted me to use their RMA process. Of course, their RMA process is slanted heavily in their favor, with everything being based on their discretion and failures result in restocking fees etc. It's a joke, an without talking to a human... I didn't trust it at all. Luckily, I used their eBay store, which means extra protections because you can file the return through eBay and I'm confident it would've worked out... it's also a hassle though. An I wanted to keep the console anyways.

Thankfully, good guy Microsoft was happy to help. I explained the situation and after verifying the purchase they changed the warranty to my purchase date and are sending me a new controller for free. They didn't even want the broken one back. I'm super grateful.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Some E3 news. Sony has confirmed no PS5 reveal at E3, not really a surprise but were some rumblings. They also confirmed their main focus will be on 4 games, Death Standing, Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel's Spider-Man and The Last of U Part 2. They also teased announcements from third parties and indies.

I guess we'll see if they have any surprise first party announcements or if that's truly it. It's interesting they've decided to jump head on this, they never really have before.

Sony's event will be Monday, June 11th at 9pm Eastern.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm going to stop Aaddron's dominion of this thread. So, I'm almost finished with my first year of college. There were some good professors and then there were some boring ones. My first day of Digital Earth, which is almost a 4 hour course, my teacher went over the 6 page Course Information Sheet in 2 hours. Then, he followed it up with a PowerPoint presentation. Those 2 things took up the whole class.

Aaddron likes this.
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    It gets lonely posting by myself :) Points sent :)

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Tomorrow Bethesda is announcing something and by something, it's almost certainly Rage 2. Definitely not the game most people are waiting for Bethesda to announce but hey the first game had potential and maybe this one will fulfill it? In any case, I look at it like this. Bethesda has hyped this year's E3 presentation might be the longest one they've had yet, but then they announce Rage 2 now instead of then. Which might mean they have something big to announce and don't want Rage 2 to get lost. An by something big, I really hope it's their next big first-person RPG. Stretch? Yup, but I just really want it to happen.

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

Community Post-it Wall has reached 2000 posts! I didn't really have any expectations when I started the thread but am super happy with how it's gone. Lots of things have been posted on all kinds of topics over the last 2 years and over 10k points have been sent out! Thank you all who have participated!

Gamma001 and subeJ like this.