1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Took some time yesterday to finally root and install a custom rom on my LG V20. It was quite the process but it seems to be all working now and am so far happy with the results. Not sure what I'll do with it now but glad its usable again and finally on Oreo.

Also took some time to install a new Linux distro. Was great to get back into Linux again. However, I was ultimately unsuccessful in getting RuneScape to work on my 4k monitor. Unlike in Windows, the game just doesn't want to scale and it's just way too small for me and my eyes. Kinda frustrating. Will have to keep looking for solutions or maybe someday RuneScape will finally natively support UI scaling.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Picked up a few small games from various sales, the funny thing is I saw Crysis 3 was on sale and planned to buy it... go to purchase it and I already own it! No clue when or how I got it but I'll take it lol. Currently camping out the Switch deals, apparently Civ 6 may go on sale according to an ad spotted by someone. Would really like to get it digital, so far it's only been on sale physical.

Also picked up Kingdoms of Amalur. I remember being hyped about it way back when but I don't remember what happened, I never ended up playing it very long... must have been a rental back when that was a thing. So definitely excited to give it another go, one of the few open world RPGs I haven't played much.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Did some modding on my Wii U to see what kind of homebrew is around, nothing really crazy but did find a few cool things. It kinda sucks GameCube can only be emulated in vWii, cracking out the wiimotes is a pain. Its also super annoying it works pretty much flawlessly... showing Nintendo could've easily had native GameCube support. O well.

Next project might be getting DS games going on my 3DS, I really wanna play HeartGold but its almost impossible to buy a legit copy at this point... I mean even used copies from GameStop usually end up being fakes. At that point, I figure I might as well just download it myself, no clue why Nintendo never put them up on the eShop or at least re-printed them... they'd still sell even today, it's so silly.

Last, things are happening with the Persona IP. So we had the announcement a few weeks ago of Joker from persona 5 joining Smash. Then people found a new domain was registered for Persona5R, once that blew up a few others popped up, Persona 5 M and Persona 5 S.
    Today Atlus purchased the security certificate for P5R domain... suggesting its legit and something may be coming. That said, we have no idea if it's actually Persona 5 and not a spin-off, nor do we know if it will be on Switch. Personally, I'm hoping for a "Remix" that hits all 4 main platforms. It's silly a great series like this is still a PlayStation exclusive when as far as I know Sony doesn't even pay for that exclusivity.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons are dead in the water again. The past month has been absolutely horrible. Never could've imagined it going this bad without injuries. The worst part though is it doesn't seem like there is a way out. Very frustrating after the nice start. Hopefully things will turn around soon one way or another.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Looked at a lot of Switch game deals and ultimately ended up getting Dynasty Warriors 8. It wasn't on sale because it came out a few days ago but it launched at $40 and I had some free store credit from something else, so it worked out great. Really enjoyed the Hyrule Warriors and less so enjoyed but still working on Fire Emblem Warriors. Dynasty Warriors 8 is a bit older and lacks a lot of the newer features, some of which that are really missed but with others, it's nice they are gone.

Being an older game re-release, it's super full of content, with all the DLC included. It's also got english VO, which is nice because the other non-Nintendo Warriors games don't. I do wish it had more voice overs though. The performance has been pretty good in docked mode, the game looks a little dated but that may be more due to its age than the hardware but for the most part it runs 60FPS with minor dips. Does a much better job than Hyrule... that's for sure. Haven't seen a 30FPS option tho. I also haven't played handheld yet, so can't say if it drops to 30FPS lock on that... but it seems likely. Also digital only... which at 15GB is kinda a memory hog.

Anyways, pretty happy with it overall. /mini-review

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played Dynasty Warrior 8 in handheld a bit now and can confirm the experience holds up. The smaller screen actually makes the game look better imo. As for framerate, the small screen tends to hide it well but can confirm it does go up to 60FPS on handheld. It's kinda strange though because that 60FPS smoothness comes in glimpses. I don't see it at all times but I also don't see massive frame drops and the frame rate is pretty steady too. I'm definitely curious to know what its actually running at. That said, it plays really well to my eyes. Very impressed with this port.

Persona 5 R website went live but only to announce more information will come in March... it also only featured a PlayStation logo. It's a pretty big blow to the Switch port hype train... but its still possible, especially when considering the other leaked Persona 5 domains. We'll find out for sure in March, if not sooner.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    2019, a new year! Happy new years all :)

I'm looking forward to 2019 in gaming. We could see a Nintendo Switch revision as well as the next PlayStation and Xbox console announced. The games are looking pretty good too, kicking off with Kingdom Hearts 3 later this month and hopefully finishing the year with a new mainline Pokemon game! For me personally though, it doesn't get any bigger than Animal Crossing Switch. Super excited it's finally almost here :D

Also hoping AMD steps up its GPU game and both get some new updated 6-pin less cards out the door! A pie in the sky wish would be Nvidia deciding to support freesync. They should just do it, gsync is a flop, it's too expensive and doesn't have the adoption freesync has. They are holding back this great gaming advancement and its really stupid. Nvidia, please fix this in 2019.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    SlightlyMad Studios announced they are making a console. I think they are aptly named SlightlyMad because this idea is at least slightly mad. I like the idea of a new console on the scene but as much as I've enjoyed being part of the Project Cars series development... I can say based on that with almost 100% certainty there is no way this console is going anywhere positive. I would be absolutely shocked if they pulled this off, I'm not sure it'll even launch. Time will tell I guess.

CES is almost upon us! An while it usually doesn't bring much in the way of gaming, we should see a lot of good new tech! NVIDIA is holding its conference on Jan. 6th @ 8pm Pacific. An AMD is on Jan. 9th @ 9am Pacific.

I think in Nvidia's case we may see the announcement of the 2060 and possibly the 2050. More than likely though it may just be more AI, car, supercomputer stuff. Could very well be wrong but I'm definitely not going in with much hype. AMD, on the other hand, has a lot more potential and best case would be getting some real announcements on the future of their consumer GPUs. Like Nvidia though, I'm more expecting stuff for the professional side and maybe Ryzen 3. I haven't been following rumors and stuff so this is all purely speculation based on nothing. Hopefully, both bring something to make it worthwhile.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    Impatiently awaiting the next Nintendo Direct that will hopefully give us a date or timeframe for Animal Crossing Switch... Nintendo plz. Latest rumors are Jan. 10th could be a Direct, no clue how credible that is but we'll see. Also impatiently waiting for My Time At Portia Switch port, it was supposed to release last year but now they are saying things took longer than they thought and don't have a date anymore. They keep replying to people telling them to stay tuned, so I'm hoping that's a sign that the delay won't be massive.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Well, this is a great start to 2019, 6 days in and the pie in the sky has appeared. Technically they aren't supporting "freesync"... because this is Nvidia and that'd be too easy but starting on Jan. 15th a new driver will release that allows users to use G-Sync with adaptive sync (freesync) monitors. At this point, the driver will only officially support 12 freesync monitors but it can still be turned on for most freesync monitors.

We'll have to see how it all works and just how limited support really will be but best case scenario this will be a great thing for nvidia gamers with freesync monitors. Can't wait to test it myself.