1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Super Mario Brothers Cartridge got auctioned and sold for over $100,000 at Heritage Auctions!

This NES cartridge of the classic hit Super Mario Brothers game has proven to be a 1985 sticker-sealed reprint that existed back then only for test-launching purposes in Los Angeles and New Work. It's box was given a mint-rating of 9.4/10 by Wata Games (A committed video game rating website) and the sticker received a seal rating of A++ which cumulatively fetched it $100,150 at Heritage Auctions (An American multi-national auctioning house) based in Dallas, Texas.

Aaddron likes this.
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Been playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp again. They've made a number of changes to the game that make everything a lot less tedious. It's still a giant grind though. To be fair, Animal Crossing itself can be a giant grind too so it's not completely out of the place. I think a lot of my enjoyment of the game is from being a fan of the series. If I didn't already care about the characters, I doubt this game would make me. It's more focused on item gathering, rng, dailies etc. An I think it does a good job at that, I'm finding it a solid daily time waster.

Raffiel likes this.
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    A new rumor is saying Xbox's new streaming service could make its way to Switch. I really like this idea, Switch is really lacking in the big AAA 3rd party titles. An that's not to the fault of them or the devs, the games are just so big and ambitious, Switch's mobile hardware just isn't up to the task. They've managed to pull a few rabbits out of the hat with Doom and Wolfenstein and I'm sure we'll see some more but games like Red Dead Redemption 2... it's just not possible without a complete rework.

That is only going to get worse starting next year with the new generation of consoles. They'll be a lot more powerful, which makes getting games back down to Switch hardware even more difficult. I think a streaming service like this could fill that hardware gap a bit. It's not perfect. Cloud gaming has plenty of problems, requires a strong internet and isn't gonna work all that well on the go but as an option, so you can still play these games on Switch if you wish, it could be great despite its limitations.

Another part of the announcement is the streaming service would support Game Pass, which is fantastic. Instant library of games Switch doesn't have for a low monthly fee. Also, Ori may be coming to Switch natively. Ori is a really nice platformer, it'd fit in really well on Switch and probably sell a lot. Makes a ton of sense.

--

In terms of real news. Reggie Fils-Aime the president of Nintendo of America announced his retirement today. Sounds like he felt it was time and it's good to see it wasn't because of health or anything. Reggie has been the face of NoA for a long time now, it's gonna be weird without him.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's been awhile since I did one of these. So AQ3D has still not fixed that one shard issue that I've been complaining about for the past few weeks. Fortunately I was able to get the item that I've been trying to get for awhile so the glitch doesn't really matter anymore. AE can take as much time as they want to fix it.

9. Raffiel

Credit:
    Whooping 130 MILLION DOLLARS Total Prize Pot leading to Fornite World Cup!

Which avid gamer wouldn't fancy earning a few hundred thousand dollars right? How about a few million dollars instead contingent you're really adept at it? If you would rather obtain money playing games than take a day job than this is the right time to start playing Fortnite, especially if you aren't playing it already! Epic Games shall be hosting Fornite qualifiers leading to a megalithic event in New York with a total prize fund of around 130 million dollars.

Article: Fortnite World Cup to feature $130m prize pot and a New York final

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yesterday in AQ3D I grinded over half of all of the items in all of the Doomwood areas just in case any of them go rare in the upcoming revamp which is quite likely. I would suggest this to anyone else who wants more rare items. If you are out of bank slots just keep them in the crafting que. It saves a lot of spaces. :p

Aaddron likes this.
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    I dunno about the Xbox streaming service on Switch but Ori to Switch rumor has been picking up steam. Supposedly Cuphead too. Both make a lot of sense. Not sure when these would come if the rumor is true but I guess like most things, time will tell.

I've been playing some Destiny 2. I got it for free on PC a while back, I don't even remember why. Never played it. I'm not sure how long I'll play it but am very impressed with the core controls and art. The aiming and movement feel really nice. I'm not so sure about the rest of it though.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Was a bit surprised how bad Anthem reviewed. I thought it'd maybe be in the 70-80 range but instead it fell to 60! That's even worse than Crackdown 3! I'm not really sure how the average gamer is feeling about it. I've seen some suggest it's decent but shallow and has made glaring mistakes with core mechanics like loot. The game weirdly seems to have a large apologist following who are trying to defend even the most universally obvious faults. It's hard to get an accurate read. That said, BioWare does at least seem to be pretty active communicating with the fans on issues. They seem to want to fix it but that means absolutely nothing if EA pulls the plug like Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda. So who knows where this game is gonna go.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I have just been notified that Cysero has just said on twitter that they are adding a previously rare sword called King's Ransom back into the game. I don't really care that much but one of my friends does. Hes been holding onto the rare version of the wep for a very long time and it's one of his favorite/rarest items. But not for much longer. >:)

18. Raffiel

Credit:
    Realm Grinder
    I have been addicted to it the past couple of days. Realm Grinder is a strategic free to play city building game. If one likes such aforementioned genres, one should definitely check it out. It has a steam rating of 9/10.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Raffiel

Credit:
    Healthiest Country in the World - Spain!
    Several factors that contribute to overall health are taken into consideration in Bloomberg's index. Factors range from overall average life expectancy, substance abuse, eating habits and average obesity to even most environmental factors. Spain not only ranked 1st on the list for 2019 but is also anticipated to have an average lifespan of 86 years by 2040.

Link:Bloomberg - Are you a robot?