1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    The Sims 4 addiction is real, tooo much... too much. A lot of fun though. One thing I really appreciate is the UI scale slider, way too many games don't have this function. By default playing on my 4k screen the UI was quite tiny. An on a 1080p TV, it was still tiny because of the distance. The UI scale slider fixed both of these issues. The reduction in eye strain is amazing!

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Nvidia and CD Projekt have teamed up for a limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 RTX 2080 TI. They've made 77 of them and are being given away on the Nvidia twitter page. The card looks decent, it's the founders design but yellow. The thing that gets me is they say if you win, you and the person you tag each get a card... but uhh 77/2 = not an even number soooo??? lol

NVIDIA GeForce on Twitter

Edit - Nvidia has confirmed they are big fat liars and actually produced "under 200".

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Three interesting Nintendo news today:

1. Animal Crossing New Horizons Direct announced for Thursday at 9am Eastern. It will be 25 minutes long and feature an in-depth look at the game.
    2. Nintendo has released a new Switch Lite color. Coral (basically pink)
    3. Witcher 3 Switch got a big update today that brings cross saves from Steam and GOG as well as unlocks them graphical options modders found months ago. The improvement in visual quality is really nice.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    New rumor suggests Microsoft is targeting April for a Xbox Series X reveal. Microsoft has historically always done a reveal before E3 for console launches so if not April, March and May are likely too... more a matter of when it will happen than anything. I'd guess price will be saved for E3 though. It appears both Microsoft and Sony are bracing for a possibly higher than expected price point.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:

Along with the Direct announcements, Nintendo confirmed they will have a cloud save feature for Animal Crossing New Horizons, however it's coming later this year and can only be used to recover a save ONCE. Why? Who knows. However they also said that console transfers are coming later this year too so at least that's a thing... so at least if the Switch still works you could transfer to a new one. A lot of this comes from the design decision to have only one island per-console that every user on the console shares. They also confirmed Animal Crossing will support the Nintendo app, giving it voice chat and it will also allow text chat in game via your phone.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Getting closer to March and then the game drought will finally be over! I talked about it previously all the games coming in March, it's gonna be a very good month. Personally I'm super hyped for Animal Crossing and One Piece Pirate Warriors 4. Maybe Ori too but dunno if I can handle that kind of game right now haha.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Nvidia GeForce Now has hit a huge snag, a lot of the big publishers have decided they should get paid by Nvidia for allowing users to play games the users have already bought, on Nvidia's servers. It's not fair they cry! They are stealing, breaking TOS, it's so unfair to us that they can pay nothing and play it on another platform. The horror!

Sadly, legally they might not be wrong... we don't really own our games and this nonsense is a the product of that. It's possible Nvidia could fight it and possibly win but it's no win for them, it'd be expensive and either way they'd piss off the companies that make the games that ultimately drive the sales of their GPUs. It's really stupid publisher greed is ruining this great idea, but worse it sucks we allowed this to happen in the first place.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming - Xbox Wire

Microsoft put out a new blog post yesterday with more details on Xbox Series X. Not all of it is new information but they did confirm some new things. The biggest confirmation is probably the previously rumored 12 TERAFLOPS GPU. Which is exciting because it's very powerful and beyond what AMD GPUs currently top out at on PC. It'll be exciting to see what they release on PC later this year. Along with everything else announced, Xbox Series X is looking pretty forward thinking and up to date, which will be great for gaming all around.

On the PlayStation side they are very quiet. They cancelled E3 again too. Who knows.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    My hate for NBA 2k continues to grow, a series I really loved and put tons of time into... it's just so trash now. The monetization is out of control, the fun has been sucked out. Takes ages to do anything. What bothers me most though is 2-3 years after release, past versions basically break. Modes stop working right, things bug out... what happens is they shut the servers off but they intertwined everything so tightly it just blows up the game. Well now for whatever reason all my older versions have decided they are corrupt and all progress is gone. A bit odd it only happened to ones that no longer have micro-transactions online.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    Forgot to mention a few weeks ago, Community Post-it Wall has turned 4. The activity over the years has been interesting. Sometimes a lot of people participate, sometimes it's just me. I'm pretty happy still with the overall idea and how it's turned out. It's nice that over 4 years later it's still moving and not out of points.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    I think the best part of my new PC has been getting back off HDDs. I've already used SSDs in the past but it still surprised me. It makes the PC a joy to use again, can press power and get into a game or application within 15 seconds... no waiting 5 minutes for everything to settle. Just opens. Everything is so instant. I'm so glad the next consoles are adopting solid state storage, my Xbox One drives me nuts with how slow the OS and Store can be just because the HDD. It's so bad. PlayStation has a much simpler interface which helps but still has slowdowns too. It's gonna be a massive improvement.