1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Console MMORPGs

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by eXoZmM, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    "Although console MMORPGs are considered more difficult[47] the platform is gaining more attention. Funcom's Age of Conan is to be released on the Xbox 360 in 2009[48][49], Turbine, Inc. announced working on a console-based MMO[50], and Cryptic Studios will release Star Trek Online to both PC and console[51]."

This quote comes from: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discuss here whether you think these will last/die or be good/bad. I might try AoC, could be fun.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Well a couple ways they could/will do it:

Controller: Dumb imo it kills the community or will have a crapping chat interface.

Controller and Headset:This could work but problems would be not everyone wants to use a headset and you can't really filter profanity.

Controller and Keyboard:Controller's require two hands most of the time it would be weird to play and type at the same time.

Keyboard:This would be the best way and a solution for people with horrible PC's but would it still be a console MMO? I would say it's not.

I think console MMO's epically RPG will be popular if they just use a keyboard like a PC. It would take some major work to get a good interface and chat system just using a controller. Using both is in the same boat of just using a controller.

3. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Well, I imagine that Microsoft would come out with a keyboard for the Xbox 360. PS3 has one I think. Even if that, most people would use their controllers so I think the game would be more hack and slash and talking through mic in parties with no chat interface more than anything.

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Has a console MMORPG even worked yet??? I know there have been a few, but I don't think any are still around.

5. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I don't know, I think Champions Online was an MMORPG but I'm not sure. My friend said it was a game like Diablo 2, it's still around I think.

6. reeb23

reeb23 Little Spike

Credit:
    there is huxley mmofps coming out for xbox and champions-online super hero mmo star trek sci fi mmo for xbox and AoC is coming to xbox as well I think this will be good for mmo's since a console is better then the average comp imo

7. Valent

Valent Little Spike

Credit:
    Halo & SOCOM are MMO, I think. It's kind of annoying having people screaming thru the headset at times. But of course having the option to actually 'talk' (headset) is refreshing as well. Controller is fun to play too, especially during endless grinding.

Normally on PC, I plugged up my controller during grinding with help of Joy2Key, and I'll use keyboard for chat purpose. I don't know about console tho. But then again, there's no real MMO on console so far. There's this .hack but that's just a simulation. It'd be great if that's for real.

I don't know, I still prefer the old style of playing game MMORPG (keyboard). What about you?

8. TehPieGuy

TehPieGuy Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Console MMORPG's are bad in my opinion I mean how will you chat?

9. Zeniel

Zeniel DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Idk how will you chat. Console MMORPGs would sound bad.

10. armorfans

armorfans Banned

Credit:
    I don't know, I think Champions Online was an MMORPG but I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.