1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Counter-Strike: GO As An Alternative

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike' started by ogreman, May 7, 2015.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This was mentioned in a locked thread so going to bring it up here. Due to the difficulties of UGC and Overseas RP, going to add CounterStrike: GO to the Forum Shop soon for those who have won Events/Contests AND who are still active. This is not a vanish for a few months, return, and then vanish again type of reward. It is for those who make an effort and continue to make one despite the RP System being pretty much a wild goose chase right now. With that in mind, going to hold this thread open for now for positive comments or questions:).

You can also PM me if you qualify and are interested in getting a copy:).

It will substitute for a card or two when we starting officially offering it.

2. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This is so much better then UGC and RP cards.
    Just one question, will this be strictly only for Events/Contests winners, or we could take them in shop like Cards ?

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Thanks to the buildup of the Paysafe/LOL delay, we have to start with Event/contest winners who are still active. That has gone on for too long and we need a solution for that first. After that, we can put it in the shop for at least Royal Ogres:).

Also, may start officially offering them as a direct prize starting in the next Event. However, first or second in the current big Event would also have that option:).

4. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    I don't have CS GO, but really some members from forum maybe have that game :)

5. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    But many people also want to buy that game with points on GO, and want to trade with other stuffs (which is illegal). Its a good way to avoid those ''requests'' in chat. And actually do something to win or to buy this game. For me its much better than RP it costs almost the same, but for a 1 € more you get the game and for 1 less you just get the different looking character.

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  7. Natdanai

Natdanai Ogre Master Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think this is better than RP at least and we could maybe even hold CS GO tournaments/events

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    As mentioned at the start, this thread needs to stay positive. This is not a discussion or an argument about it being better than RP:). This a thread to solve the Paysafe/LoL log jam with Event and content prizes. After that, yea, it could be offered in the Forum shop:).

However, if you already have the game and you want to ask about you, then please PM me directly.

Please leave this topic to people who can be helped by this thread:).

And, yes, we can do more with CS:GO as more people get the game:). OGT and tournaments come to mind for that.

9. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I love Nat's idea for the tournaments. :)

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, those could work and I would even be a part of some of them:).

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    If you really want this game, my best advice is to be as active as possible now until we get it which will probably be around the time of the big Steam Summer Sale:). That way, you will be one of the first to get one.

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The Steam Summer Sale is right around the corner:).

That said, now should be a time of getting more active if you want a copy:). Standing behind what I said about being active when this starts.

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The sale is set to start tomorrow:).

As I have said before, this is for active members. That means the Royal Ogres and Event Winners will be first in line for copies of it when we get it.

If you are a current or former Royal, your activity bar should stay above 50% to either stay one or become one again. Please understand this now and you have much better chance at getting a copy when we buy a batch:).

If you are a former Royal, all you do is get your bar above 50% again and PM me:). I will see it and add you back.

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, we have bought some and already started to give them to Royal Ogres who won an Event or Review Contest:). We are going by the most active on down. After that, Royal; Ogres who have not won an Event will be next.

Thus, the time is now if you are a former Royal and wanted a copy:). If you are not one, the best advice I can give is to try.

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, the sale is now over.

Have a couple of copies left, but only going to give them to the most active Royal Ogres who still participate in the Event or will put them in the forum shop with a price based on supply and demand.

Seriously, somebody can do just 75 points a day in http://www.gameogre.com/forums/game-news/70235-ogre-online-game-event.html and do great because that now unlocks extra points:). That is just 5 posts in a good forum like MOBAs.

18. HellReaper

HellReaper Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    When sale will be open again ?