1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Debate for Championship: Cross Fire vs. Combat Arms

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by ogreman, Jul 22, 2009.

Who is winning this debate?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2009.
  1. Exozmm

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. ScareCrow

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    The winner of this debate will be the new Debate Champion. The debate will last until one of the participants quits.

This particular debate will be about which online FPS is better, Cross Fire or Combat Arms.

Exo for Cross Fire.
    ScareCrow for Combat Arms.

2. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Alright. I'll start it off. Good luck to you ScareCrow. Let's make this good. ^.^

Cross Fire isn't just a great game. It's an absolutely awesome free-fps for MANY reasons.

First off, it has the free-fps style of, "You buy the credits, and you get better guns". Some people feel this throws the game off, but what it does is it creates more competition.

The graphics are in-between that of CS 1.6 and CS:S, and really, they fit well. The hit reg is rarely off, and the only reason it would be off, because of a players ping.

CF has CF PUGs, which creates a very competitive community that doesn't have to Pub and lose their skill by playing kids who don't know which way is up. Instead, they play against players much better than them.

MANY leagues have opened up for CF, and will continue to open up because of the promise the game has. It's not a cartoon game, it's a legit game that has gained attention from TWL, ESL, and VSGL (A community created league that brought CF it's very first non-developer made Anti-Cheat).

What does Combat Arms have? WOGL? You win a T-Shirt for winning a league. Wooo! Go get 'em! And that's only if you get past the MILLIONS of hackers that play. It's hard to know who's legit, because of the many websites that offer free or low priced hacks. In fact, when the game first came out of Beta, someone recruited for a hacker only clan, ON THE FORUMS of all places.

If hackers don't ruin the game enough for you, then let's take a look at the guns and hit reg. The rifles are absolute crap and feel like your spray is going everywhere. The hit reg contributes to that because the game makes it so your bullet drops, and with the crosshair, it feels like your trying to hit a beer can 150 yards away with a cross hair that spreads to your whole screen.

Yes, Combat Arms started the whole FPS gaming intensity, but it quickly drowned itself there because of the horrid community and amount of hackers there are. You can't take yourself as a serious FPS player if your playing Combat Arms. The guns feel like Nerf Guns, the Sniper Rifles are amazingly difficult to shoot long range because of the bullet drop and horrid hit reg. At least Cross Fire is popular for it's great gameplay and it's feel of Counter-Strike. Combat Arms is only popular for the way hackers own it better than the developers. Hell, the hackers released un-released maps like Sand Hog, before they were even supposed to be released. You want to buy NCash with real life cash using your credit card when Nexon's security system can't even guard it's game information?

Overall, Cross Fire is for gamers who like to actually be able to kill things without getting run around 5 times in 1 second, or getting headshot after headshot against you because of someones aimbot. You can argue that Cross Fire has hackers, and yeah, they do, but no where NEAR the amount that Combat Arms has.

3. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    The problem with cross fire is that it is unplayable for SO many people.

The lag is unbelievable, even with my fast internet connection I cant make it better than 200MS.

On Combat Arms lag is rarely noticeable.

The weapon system is awful, you have no room to experiment with, You basically pick a gun, rank up and get money for a slightly higher ranked gun, then your stuck with it.

Alot of players don't even make enough money to pay the repair cost of the weapon. Hell, when a content patch comes out i'm almost forced to make a new account to get one of the new guns, because simply can't afford it on my main account. The only good part is that content patches are few and far between, while combat arms has a content update every two weeks.

On Combat Arms you have heaps of freedom, I can have a gun for day, experiment with a few, then buy one for longer when I decide what I like.

Combat Arms has so much content its amazing, and there're constantly adding more.

But wait you say, Ghost Mode! You say there are few hackers, yea maybe, but all of them hack this mode, allowing them to see the "Invisible" ghost, thereby rendering the mode obsolete. And even if you get a hacker free game, the lag is so horrible its not even worth it.

And how could I possibly forget, counter strike. Cross Fire is the biggest clone of a game I've seen since sacred. Why would I waste time on this game when I could pay the $20 ($15 US) to buy the much better Counter Strike. Combat Arms is by far the best free shooter, because it draws on its own gameplay, and it isn't a cheap rip-off of a far better game.

4. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Combat Arms, Cross Fire, Black Shot, Sudden Attack, They are ALL clones on Counter-Strike. They all have Search And Destroy, they all rely on the same Game Engine (To a point) and they, for the most part, have the same guns. Just because it doesn't look the same, doesn't mean it's not modeled after a game. This one just hits the nail on the head better. Why pay when you can have it free?

Also, lag? The only reason you would lag is because A. You live in some other country, IN WHICH CASE you shouldn't be playing NA CF, or B. Your computer sucks. Upgrade it.

There's a thing called Game Booster, you could use that if your computer is really that bad.

Yeah, CA has more guns. It's also 10X harder to get them because you, at most, make 200 GP a game. Also, almost every gun has a rank restriction. Only a few guns in CF have a rank restriction. And so what if you make a new account? You have to do that on CA too if you don't play 20 out of 24 hours of the day. If you go away on vacation for a week, bye bye L89, and your stuck using the M16 until you can buy it back.

You make more than enough money to repair the gun. You don't make enough to buy a new gun, but when A. They're registration system is so easy to go through, and B. The events GIVE you cash, and C. If you buy Black Market Crates, you can get up to 1M GP, well, that's basically it. It's easy to get cash in this game despite what people say. Why would you want to try an M60 anyways? That's why theres Elimination, so people can try the guns out.

Yeah, they have a lot of content. Nut Shots! Woo! Man, that makes ME feel mature! The game's graphics are based around a 12 year old population. How can any gamer be taken seriously in that game? It's such a joke that it isn't even funny anymore. It's called "Chambot Arms" for a reason. This is one of the only games that they have a hack that let's a player kill everyone with 500 feet in less than a second. This is one of the only games that let's hackers run rampant through they're data box and play the new maps that aren't even released yet. It's main league is WOGL. Pretty sure that says it all right there. TWL won't even touch it because they don't know how to stop the mass inflation of hackers.

GL Playing it. Even for kicks, it sucks. You can barely even move some times.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great debate:). Poll added, but you can keep going as long as you want to.

6. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    How come you never vote Ogreman?

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Who said I never vote?

8. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Me. You rarely vote, I check. ^.^

It's okay though. ^.^

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    You can't check and you don't know:). Not that it matters, but I voted in the last debate and I will probably vote in this one. I just didn't do it the second I made the poll.

Focus on the debate. You have your hands full with ScareCrow:).

10. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Okey dokey. ^.^

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Are you two finished or will this debate continue?

12. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    ScareCrow hasn't been on to counter my last statement. Let's give it a day or two, see what happens.

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, sounds good:).

14. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Soz, was at a birthday yesterday and didn't get back till 1am, so here goes.

What makes a shooter different from an RTS. or a MMORPG? The gameplay. And what games mimics counter strike so perfectly in every aspect of core gameplay? Cross Fire.

For example, the recoil of guns, how they fire. Cross Fire has th same recoil, the same spread the same everything, while the guns in Combat Arms generally fire with less recoil, and spread, which results in a different sort of gameplay. Cross Fire plays exactly like counter strike, combat arms doesn't. Same guns? Yea, for a few at least, but not all. Same guns, gameplay wise? Not a chance.

As for getting GP in combat arms, a match takes around 10 minutes, 200gp+ is 1200+ an hour, for a day most guns cost 800, more than enough for just an hours playing. That doesn't even include the amount you get from ranking up, which at low ranks is still 2000gp, and at higher ranks gets up to 8000. Combat arms also has a black market case of which you can get up to 1M Gp.

YES, it IS easy to get a gun in Cross Fire, but when you want to get another gun you have to make a new account, and why should be forced to do that every time? Pathetic.

Ranked weapons? Bah, it takes me 6 hours of game time to get to Sergeant First Class, which unlocks 80% of the guns, the rest of the guns are high leveled variants with slight improvements, or alternate skins.

In Cross Fire, when a new gun comes out, ranked or otherwise, I have to make a new account to get it, which is utterly pathetic.

Leagues? 95% of the gaming population plays games for fun, not a stupid tiny cash prize.

15. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Lol kk. First off, you couldn't be more right and wrong about the recoil. Having the same recoil as CS is an AMAZING thing. Such a feat is only what some developers dream of. Combat Arms tried it, but failed miserably and is now known for "a different type of gameplay". A cover-up for their fail.

"As for getting GP in combat arms, a match takes around 10 minutes, 200gp+ is 1200+ an hour," ALONG with "95% of the gaming population plays games for fun, not a stupid tiny cash prize." DOES NOT HELP YOU. If they play for fun, they are either A. Bad, B. Don't play much at all, or C. All of the above. Anyone with an OUNCE of skill in ANY FPS will be recruited into a clan. And ALL Clans scrim at some point. Also leading me to prove that more leagues = more fun.

Combat Arms is a disgrace to FPS gaming. You can't get bullets to go in the right place with a rifle, sniper rifle bullets drop, there's no leagues, graphics are horrible, developers are horrible, hackers easily get in. How could ANYONE in their RIGHT MIND want to play this game?

Cross Fire at least has GM's/Devs that will listen, a great community, not as many hackers as Chambot Arms, graphics are pretty damn good for a free FPS, sniper rifle bullets DON'T drop, and rifles go where you hit.

This isn't even a competition. Cross Fire is THE dominant game WITHOUT a doubt.

16. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Ok where are you getting all your information from? Cause you clearly don't have a clue.

To start with Combat Arms has FAR better graphics than Cross Fire, cross fire's graphics are horrible FYI. Honestly the models for Cross Fire are horrible, weapons are proportioned all wrong and graphics are overall superior in Combat Arms.

Sniper rifle bullets don't drop... I can't work out how you got that idea into your brain but thats totally bull.

You can get bullets to go where you want, it's called non-spraying...

GM's do listen, they have balanced shotguns, introduced a PvE mode and done everything the community had asked for.

Your right this isn't a competition, Combat Arms is by FAR the best, better than Cross Fire, better than Blackshot and any other Free FPS.

17. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
  18. ScareCrow

Credit:
    They don't drop lol, what are you on about?

To third video,

cross fire hacks - Google Videos

They appear to be exactly the same, wouldn't you agree? I believe this covers both first and third videos

Second video, the guy obviously hacked, CBL is a community site, and they get there info from players posting screenshots and vids, so they don't get everyone.

Yea Cross Fire could be retail, and so could Runescape and Adventure quest, would they sell? Not in a million years.

And to your first video,

19. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Kk. Game still sucks though lol.

Not much to argue about anymore. We already contradicted ourselves enough. Anything more is like, "My red ball is better than your red ball!"

Debates over.

20. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Kk lol, good luck.
    Combat Arms FTW!