1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Debate For Championship: PC Shooters vs. Console Shooters

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by ogreman, Jul 15, 2009.

Who is winning this debate?

1. Rebirth

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. ScareCrow

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    If you want to debate this topic, pick your side and make your argument. A poll will be started when the two sides are filled.

2. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    Sigh I know we don't want another picking war, but I really don't want to pick what side.

Oh well, i'll take console, providing Rebirth agree's... I like a challenge :)

3. Rebirth

Rebirth Professional Kimchi Eater The Pit

Credit:
    Haha. I was going to do console, but I really don't mind ;).

ScareCrow can start.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, start debating:).

5. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Console shooters have the advantage of simply being on a console.

When playing on a PC, it isn't always the person with the most skill that wins, its often the person with the best PC. This becomes apparent on games with excellent graphics such as Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at War. With these popular games, unless you have a high-end PC, you will be at a fairly considerable disadvantage, which takes away from the overall experience.

This problem is non-existent in console shooters. Everyone is on the same system, which offers an even platform on which to play.

6. Rebirth

Credit:
    I disagree to that statement. In a PC Shooter, if you have a slow computer, the whole game will slow down only on YOU. So if you "lag," probably you are the only person that can experience it.

With a PC, you have more control because a XBox, Playstation, you only have the 4 basic buttons, direction (up, down, left, right) and L1, L2 and R1, R2. A keyboard has numbers and more controls than a console, making it less complicated to play. For example, if you need to change your gun, with a console, you'll have to change it by going to "Start" and choosing your weapon. With a PC Shooter, you can just press keys to change your weapon. There are also other features that consoles don't have with a PC. Auto-aim, reload, etc.

7. ScareCrow

Credit:
    "I disagree to that statement. In a PC Shooter, if you have a slow computer, the whole game will slow down only on YOU. So if you "lag," probably you are the only person that can experience it."

You have just confirmed exactly what I said. If you have a slow computer, which many people do, you will be at a disadvantage to people with fast computers. This makes this platform uneven.

"With a PC, you have more control because a XBox, Playstation, you only have the 4 basic buttons, direction (up, down, left, right) and L1, L2 and R1, R2. A keyboard has numbers and more controls than a console, making it less complicated to play. For example, if you need to change your gun, with a console, you'll have to change it by going to "Start" and choosing your weapon. With a PC Shooter, you can just press keys to change your weapon. There are also other features that consoles don't have with a PC. Auto-aim, reload, etc."

What are you trying to say? I will quote some parts of that statement.

"With a PC, you have more control because a XBox, Playstation, you only have the 4 basic buttons, direction (up, down, left, right) and L1, L2 and R1, R2."

You also have the four buttons on the right side of the board, as well as R3 and L3 a playstation, and the xbox has similar buttons that can be pressed by pressing the joystick button down.

"A keyboard has numbers and more controls than a console, making it less complicated to play"

How does having MORE buttons make it LESS complicated to play?

"For example, if you need to change your gun, with a console, you'll have to change it by going to "Start" and choosing your weapon. With a PC Shooter, you can just press keys to change your weapon."

For most games you have a primary weapon and a secondary weapon, on console you can change between these with on of the four buttons on the controllers right (x, y, b, a). To change the weapon you start with each re spawn you must press start. How is this a problem? Start is literally the closest button to x, y , b, a, and within easy reach of your right thumb.

"With a PC Shooter, you can just press keys to change your weapon. There are also other features that consoles don't have with a PC. Auto-aim, reload, etc."

On console you just press a button to change weapons, when you want to change you primary weapon you either pick one up on the battlefield, with another button press, or press start and change, or go to the lobby and change.

How is this any different to PC? Just different buttons. If anything its easier for console, as there are fewer buttons to navigate.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Nice debate so far:). Poll added.

9. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I'll get into one of these. :eek:

Set one up after this one, I'll go against the defender. :)

10. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Oh, btw. Rebirth, you helped support his statement on PC's lagging. What he was saying is that you'll be at a disadvantage depending on your PC. Like, take mine for example. I lag spike for the first few rounds of every CoD:4 game I enter, but then it gets better. During those first few rounds, I usually go 0-2, 0-3. That puts me at a disadvantage.

So, your right in the fact that only I can experience it. Obviously the people killing me don't experience it. The only thing that would effect you AND other people is ping. High ping = character jumping = bad game overall.

=o

11. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Uh, when's this going to continue?

12. Rebirth

Credit:
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well, are you both done? You can keep going as long as their is something to argue about.

If you are both done, we will declare a winner and move on to the next one.

14. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Guess the winner is ScareCrow. Kk, me v ScareCrow. Pick the topic, make it good. You know what can set me off by now Ogreman. ^.^

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Let's give it a day or two to make sure. Are you done, Rebirth?

I already have a topic in mind:). Just want to end this officially first.

16. ScareCrow

Credit:
    I reckon to be fair ogreman should pick topic and sides.

17. Rebirth

Credit:
    Gee, thanks for the support Exo, I quit this debate I sucked.

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, ScareCrow is the first debate champion:).

I will make the next topic soon for ScareCrow and Exo.

19. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Looking forward to it. ^.^

20. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Hm. I thought they would debate more about which controller is better