1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Defining season 6 rules - Attack cap

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by FoxWMB, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    In season 4, it was 75%, in Season 5, 60%, what do you think it should be in season 6?

(60% means that if you have 100.000 troops, you're only able to attack those that have 60.000 or more troops, or in other words, those that have 60% of your troops or more)

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Voted for 75%:).

3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The higher the better imo

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Looks like we are keeping 60% for now:).

5. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    50% is ok for me

6. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Spiked Club Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    the lower the attack cap is the more imbalance we gonna have in that season.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well, the poll is tied so that could change based on future votes.

8. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This doesn't appear to be in effect at the moment. Probably just wasn't noticed to put back in place with the season change. Well, the poll does have a winner now.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    It will be set at 60% unless somebody wants the poll extended.

10. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This is way too OP, 200k troops can attack all the way down to 120k. Using the build difference between 120k to 200k plus the natural bonus of troops = this season is over already.

11. p

Credit:
    That's exactly why I was for moving it back to 75%.
    The season has been effectively over for at least a week now, and is past saving now.

12. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The funny thing is that 3 of the people that voted for 60% isn't even active in Ogre Wars, while all four that voted for 75% is active.

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    If the season is going to end that fast, might as well have a much lower market cap then. The build and blockade strategy won't work quite as good if the cap is lowered to like 100,000.

14. p

Credit:
    Would help cut the spreading too, given the few active people at the moment. No opposition.

15. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    Actually, in that case, you'd inspire a blockade to happen much sooner, and it would be even harder to break through it. The higher the troop count is at the blockade, harder it is to keep it.

It's not over cause of the attack cap being at 60%, it's over because the amount of teamwork in Ironheads is 0 and in Gold Beasts bellow 0, and because some of the key players (you know who you are, I know who you are too but if I say so, I'm going to get the club that you deserve) in the game rely on using multi accounts instead of focusing on winning fairly - something which we in Stompers just did, again, despite your multies.

bottom line, you're not going to win by changing the rules, you're going to win by playing like a team, or you're going to lose every time, regardless of the rules, all the way till you bring attack cap to 99.99%.

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Thought it would be harder earlier on since nobody would have a chance to build to pull off the blockade.

Not blaming rules at all or anything for that matter:). It just takes the right mix of people to join and stick with it to win. Not going to get into activity or multiple accounts etc.

It all depends on having enough players who can work as a team and stay together. The private forums are really great for that as well as PMs. This is also why I wanted two nations. More smaller nations will probably mean less teamwork.

17. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    It's easier earlier on cause of the game mechanics. For example, say I've got 10.000 troops and you've got 10.000 troops, both of us have 100k offense and defense. Now lets say I decide to attack you. So I use 90 turns to get about 200k gold, which allows me to buy 2 100k items, and effectively increase my offense to around 400-500k. Oh look, I suddenly have 5x times stronger offense than you have defense, you're very dead at this point.

Now lets say we both had 100.000 troops, and 10 million offense and defense, I decide to attack you, use 90 turns and get 2 million of gold, with that, I can buy 8 250k offense items, and they're going to multiply my firepower to 20 millions, but oh look, that's only twice as much as you have. I'm still likely to win if I attack you, but much less, since the difference is now only 2x instead of 5x.

This is why the earlier you decide to start a blockade, the easier it is to make it work.

That aside, TEAMWORK, key word, absolutely key word. It's impossible for one person to hold a blockade on its own (ok it's possible if it holds down only 1 or 2 people, but not more) . This is something you in ironheads do not do, I can see there are some attempts like in season 5, but it was executed poorly, while as for gold beasts, I'm willing to bet that there's absolutely no posts on their private forum, and if there are, not a single one has anything to do with teamwork (and no, "help I'm attacked by xxxxx" is not teamwork, it's teamwork when someone actually responds to that, which is something that has not happened in the last year or so, or at least as long as I'm here, I haven't seen a single act of teamwork from their side, that actually involved more than 1 real person.

And if we had 2 nations, it would increase the chance of teamwork within them, BUT, it would take away few other elements from the game, such as alliances, unpredictability of who's helping who and who is going to attack who. Currently, in the game you have teammates, potential allies and potential foes. If we take the 3rd nation out of the picture, we're left with teammates, and foes, and that could lead to absolute carnage. At this point, with 3 nations, if 2 nations kill each other, the 3rd one will profit the most since it will be at the top, that forces every nation to plan attacks carefully. If you bring that number down to 2, there will be absolutely no reason to wait with attacks "we have slight advantage in troop count, ATTACK NOW AND WE WIN FOR SURE" is what the season will end up like. So yeah, we don't have many active players, and that means we have to keep the number of nations as low as possible, but that means 3 nations, not 2.

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great post, Fox:).

Yes, teamwork is the most important factor and is easier said than done.

Despite the quick ending, those polls really helped to start this season. If we are going to start wrapping this one up soon, somebody should make them again:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.