1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

"Devil"

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Glazed, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Does anybody know about the movie or is going to see it?

Because from the looks of it, it's gonna be another cliche-as-hell (not pun intended) failure of a thriller movie with religious references.

Also, I don't get the trailer. A bunch of weird things happening with a elevator, some hot black-haired chick who works at an office starts freaking out and crawling on the floor and raising her shirt up as other people freak out?

I'd be able to remember better, if it wasn't so chopped up. And, an upside down cross? Now, a goat head or a sideways star would make some sense, but an upside down cross? I know it's a common Christian symbol, but...

Apparently, the cross is a completely universal symbol for all things holy, and as soon as you turn it upside down, it's automatically "evil", am I right?

Because I was thinking I'm wrong. What if there's some other species out in the universe that has a different tale about god and different origins? I bet their symbol for Christ is quite different. And besides, the cross is just what Jesus was killed on, or am I wrong?

But this is just all that I think.

2. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    it will try to be spooky if its by m night shyamalan. who knows about what meaning he wants from it. i will pass

3. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Actually I thought it looked pretty good. Normally I find horrors stupid...

4. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Idk. It SEEMED like something that would suck, but from what I'm starting to see be read about it, I assume it's gonna be another one of those (over) extremely popular movies that still don't like.

5. darcc

darcc MMORPGer

Credit:
    an upside-down cross is the sign of saint peter because he refused to be strung up on the cross like jesus was (something about him not being worthy of a death like jesus') so they put the cross upside down instead. so no it isn't an unholy symbol.

personally i can't see a horror movie based on a monster that has already been used (and the devil gets used a lot) being scary. the best horror films add a sense of mystery to the monster leaving your imagination to create a monster far scarier than could be shown.

6. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Finally. I just nearly want to thank you for that.

But now thinking about it, symbols ARE symbolic. That's what they're for. So, if alot of people think an upside down cross is evil, then it might as well be considered evil, even if it's not and the people are dead-wrong.

A symbol's just a symbol for something.

7. JohnathanRC

JohnathanRC BamBam

Credit:
    As horrors go it looks a bit meh

8. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A horror movie with meaning? I doubt it will be effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.