1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do toxic players make LOL suck?

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by Anony39, Aug 19, 2014.

Is LOL worth of playing??

Poll closed Sep 19, 2014.
  1. Yes

20.0%
  2. Kind of

73.3%
  3. No

6.7%
  1. Anony39

Anony39 MMORPGer

Credit:
    I'm playing lol since 2011 and I love this game. But there always exist "TOXIC" people that only know to feed, to stay afk, to troll, or even to rage quit... They ruin all the fun and joy of this game. Do I have to lose me ELO because of these toxic people that don't care about others. The point of the game is teamwork not feeding or trolling. After lost match I ask myself is LoL worth of playing? Do I really have to feel bad cause of these people? And what is even worse they don't get punished by the tribunal. They only get warning message like that anyone ha a bad day etc. I'm starting to think that Riot don't even care for us players. Sometimes I start to think to stop playing LoL. So guys, tell me your experience with toxic player and your opinion for this.

firefighter123 likes this.
  2. Korisniknik

Korisniknik MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Riot in first place think about making Cash!!
    But i heard that a lot of players stop to play lol because of exact problem that you have. So riot decide to make new bann sistem. After couple people report you, you automaticly recive 15 day bann. So i think riot get scared if losing players...

Hunter Wilson likes this.
  3. Silisa

Silisa Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    There are a lot of toxic players. A LOT. You, the one reading this, are probably one of them, even if you don't want to admit it. It all comes from being a brat, being poorly raised by your parents, being unable to accept responsibility for your own mistakes, and, most importantly, the fact that you don't know the people you are playing with. It's easy to call someone names and wish them death by cancer when you've never seen their face. The fact that you are wishing horrable things to a complete stranger, OVER A GAME, is lost on you. I feel bad for you, and I hope you'll get some help.

Mute button is your friend. And if that's not enough, you can always quit playing.

''Don't hate the game, hate the player.''

4. Aki

Aki Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    There is no point in flaming. If someone is bad, you won't help by insulting him. So basically if you flame you are just ruining the game for everyone.

Soricale likes this.
  5. Dragan945

Dragan945 I'm the Gamer ;] The Pit

Credit:
    You speaking about funn-afk,feeders,trollers... what fun have with that ?
    If he go afk he will get report... but what is fun if you flaming on others,losing elo, losing game... just make more angry ?
    So how i understand u playing LoL for fun ???????
    Why u then speaking about feeders,afk,trollers ?
    Then why not just play normal games and it will be fun if you playing for fun.
    Stupid thread

6. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Feeders and leavers are main reason why i paused LOL for over half year. Am one of that "flamer" guys, but not when they gave 1st blood or even 5 kills, just h8 ppl who dont wana listen. For example. If some1 chase kass, gragas, singed ... with 10% of his HP in enemy jungle, facechecking all bushes and die, even we pinged him 20x to go back, i just cant help it, or how to dont say anything when player on top blame me cause he have 0-5 and am on bott lane. 2 many ppl dont deserve 2 play LOL

7. MattejSeven

MattejSeven Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    hmm i dont think that. you can easy move from flamers, just mute chat. you have ping for evrething :p but feeders, afk and troll can destroy all fun

8. Anony39

Anony39 MMORPGer

Credit:
    It looks like you didn't understand me well.I like ranked games because I can show off my skills and compete with other player with simlar Elo. And where do i say that I flame and insult toxic players??

9. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Lots of general statements here, not all of it is directed at quoted people.

Feeding intentionally is toxic, being bad at the game is not.

That last part is beyond lame.

This is another problem in competitive gaming, in random match ups you have no right to tell anyone else how to play. It's natural to try to coordinate and some things people do are obviously not gonna end well so trying to "help" them is fine but when you start getting mad they aren't listening you've gone too far. They don't have to listen to you.

I seen this all the time in WoT, backseat tankers. I've even had it happen to me as well. The dumb part is I knew exactly what I was doing and the constant flaming from these idiots was just more distracting than helpful.

If you want perfect coordination play with a team.

Again intentional feeding = bad but blaming actual bad players is the problem here. This culture has been created in competitive gaming that if you suck we will drive you away from our game. People have this ridiculous idea that everyone will automatically be the greatest player of all time and understand every little aspect of the game.

No one bothers to leave room for people to actually learn the game... it's just expected and if you don't know the game then we will drive you out as you don't deserve to play.

People have a problem being matched up with bad players, they always blame them for there losses and then complain MM is being unfair to them always giving them all the bad players. Well guess what? They didn't ask to be matched up with you either. They don't want to be flamed and they want to enjoy the game just like you. You wanna blame someone, blame Riot as they control the MM... also blame yourself as you are the only common denominator in a random setting.

Soricale likes this.
  10. Arch3r

Arch3r Clubbed for Misuse of Chat

Credit:
    Only when i play with ranked team i can play for entertaiment

11. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If u play lol, u know that u dont chase Kass into enemy jungle without vision, that is rly stupid, and when some1 do that 2-3 times (happened to me so many times) he must do that on purpose, even if i told him 1st time "plz dont do that". That man should me in bronze not plat. Why would u listen some1 if that will lead to victory

12. IgnjatSRB

IgnjatSRB MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I feel like you.This is why i love DotA 2 much more,and not only that but some fool is dominating in the match not coz he got skill but because he has runes.That is what annoys me more.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  13. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    "even if"? Does that mean you said plz don't do that or not? :) Was it's preceded or followed up with angry comments from you or other players? The best way to get someone to not do something is to yell at them. :)

Soricale likes this.
  14. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Kind of yes, i don't like toxic players.

15. XbladeX

XbladeX Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yea toxic players make lol suck but there are a lot of good people too.

16. akismor30

akismor30 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I hate toxic players...

17. Silisa

Silisa Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Bad players make LOL suck. I can make toxic players mute, but I can't make bad players better.

18. 023Pele

023Pele Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I think Rior made good thing with the mute button becouse u dont always want to hear what people have to say to you in LoL so all the toxic players should just be muted and ignored. We can't change theyre minds but if we dont argue with them and just ignore theyre trash talk we can play with much more fun and many of them will quit it and start playing normal. Lets all just ignore tham for the good of LoL. I was one of them when i started playing lol,but now i realized that its not worth it and you have much more fun when you play like others. I became much better and i love playing lol now,and every other multiplayer game is the same. IGNORE TOXIC PLAY FOR FUN :D

19. ChinvaBre

ChinvaBre Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
  20. LoL GAMER

LoL GAMER Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I hate toxic. Their poision is killing you when you aren't thinking about them. I hate and Teemo because of his invisible mushrooms. But now in pach 6.9 he is real monster... HE IS BUFFED! Now his Q is using less number of mana like and ulty and 1 shroom is whaiting some lesser time. Pls Riot NERF Teemo! :(