1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you always wear identical socks ?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Xctroy, May 26, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I pretty much always do, mainly because it kindof feels weird if I don't.

2. I guess it depends on what you mean by identical. Some socks are actually designed to conform with your toes, so they preserve reflective symmetry, but they aren't "exactly identical" since you wouldn't be able to put the right sock on your left foot and the left sock on your right foot. But then you have socks that are "exactly identical", and it doesn't matter which foot you put that sock in, and those are really the socks that I prefer since it's less of a hassle to put them on.

But if you just mean mismatching socks (one sock is a different color than the other, one sock is longer than the other, etc.), then I think that's just silly. Especially if you go into a job interview or a formal meeting, the last thing you'd want people to even notice is you wearing mismatching socks.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I will always wear a matching pair of socks. They all are mostly black socks or blacks socks with another color in form of a stripe like red or green for example. Many of those socks also have a day labeled on them like Monday, Tuesday and so on.

4. At an extremely rare circumstance, I might have a hole in a sock, so I end up throwing away that sock. So then I have to find another sock that's either the exact same product, or looks close enough. I wouldn't match white and black together since that would look weird, and same goes with mixing a long sock with an ankle sock. It can be different brands, but they ought to look very similar; but generally, I never run into those circumstances.