1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like the crafting system of AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Xenokult, Feb 3, 2018.

1. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I agree to you mate aq3d crafting system really helps a lot esp free players like me and i just hope that they put a SEARCH BAR in the crafting menu or a specific selection per items to less hassle when lookin for something that you want to claim cuz its kinda laggy in moble when im opening my crafting menu in case of i mosly have all crafting items in every map in game so it would help a lot and the crafing system of game would be more helful if that happens

Revansith likes this.
  2. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The crafting system ingame really is the one who makes the game alive, I love how we grind/farm materials to get awesome items. The crafting time doesn't really matter because no matter how long it is we still end up using it.

3. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Tumbs up bro you really hit the point cuz its really help a lot of free players to preserve some items that they dont want to claim or waiting a right time to obtain cuz idk if you is a free player also but f2p like me has a very huge problem about keeping some items esp armor sets cuz it really eat a lot of bank and inventory space that s why the one who keep the aq3d alive is becuase of its crafting system that the one who help f2p to preserve crafting stuff

4. xOwl

Credit:
    Being f2p isn't really a problem if we know how to manage items I once a p2f before deciding to invest some $ for my character xD.. But storing alot of items in craft inventory really is a thing because even being a Guardian almost every item in all lore is in my Crafting Inventory, it is a big help whenever I make sets because I just kinda grab them im an instant. But I highly recommend going for Guardian mate try entering Giveaways where u can win Artix Points, I became Guardian because of that and I am really thankful for those who hosted it :) Fyi I bought Guardian package half the price because of Artix Points lol.

hfi likes this.
  5. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Ok mate i will try your good advice to be a guardain :) but i can really spend $ in game its just for me instead for spening it in game ile just bought it a food xD.... or maybe if i dint win any give aways until this december, i will decide to buy by my own money so i can play well and more confortable :)

6. xOwl

Credit:
    Thats also my mindset thus making me join almost every giveaways I can't really afford to spend alot ingame but luckily I won some :) It is totally worth it considering your inventory will be upgraded to 90 and I think you vault to 50 :)

7. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Well you really deserve that buddy :) i just like to be even just a guardian is it has too many perks in game like morph, extra credit in some quest stuff, and have an acess to everything in game! So just wish me luck this coming december to upcoming giveaways or i can have my own money to buy it :)

8. Revansith

Revansith BamBam

Credit:
    I think the crafting is fine

And about guardian buy it its absolutely worth it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2019
  9. Heartt

Heartt Brute

Credit:
    crafting is the best system ^^

10. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It is not bad but needs a few improvements. They should consider crafting an item more than one time at the same time instead of developing a scaling system. In my opinion, a scaling system for all items is unnecessary. I respect others’ opinions yet.

11. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I wonder if AE will change the crafting system in that way to make us able to craft same items multiple times at once. I agree that we shouldn't have all items scale. It kinda devalues them all if that is the case.

Metaqrion likes this.
  12. Metaqrion

Credit:
    System asks us how many items we want to buy while we are purchasing an item. So I guess integrating a similar system to crafting will not be that hard.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It probably isn't difficult to implement, but as any feature which could use some improvements, it's not the priority at the moment.

14. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Instead of bringing one new travel form and two pets to the battle concert, they could implement this system. AE is not that good at priorities.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE's weekly release schedule does have a part to play with this messy prioritization.

16. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Overall, I like the crafting system. The things I don't like is how I have to go to the wiki to find out where certain items are. I think that every crafting item you get should have a description that tells you what it is used to craft. A lot of quest menus have obsure descriptions for quest items as well. Everything should be straightforward and no research should be required. All names should be consistent, matching quest objectives and crafting items.
    The most complicated crafting I remember doing was the crystal mining quest at Magma Mine Pass. There were multiple steps involved. I can't even remember how it worked. Something to do with making a pickaxe, making bombs and killing a spider. After all of that I came out with a crystal spear. So it all worked out.

17. Yeah, the descriptions could use a whole lot of work. Sometimes they're lazy enough to just not add a description at all, but I guess there's a Wiki for a reason.

But usually, you look at a craft shop first to find what items you might be interested in, and then you start looking for the craft materials, not so much the other way around, so item descriptions for craft materials wouldn't help that much. Item descriptions would seem useful, maybe to indicate which craft shops to use the materials for, but I think what you would really want is a button (maybe a tooltip) next to each craft material in the actual craft shop pointing to where to get the item.

But most times, it's not even difficult to find the craft items you need, because it's usually tied to the same map that the craft shop is in (though not always the case).

Personally, I have no problems trying to find an item. What I do have a problem with is farming for one item, waiting for another item, and repeating the same steps over and over again, just to waste more time, and so the Empowered NecroStaff of Doom is still one of my least favorite craft items. AQ3D still remains plagued by the concept of a "waiting game" where you have to wait for various things (e.g. wait for crafting to be finished, wait for a boss to spawn in a map, etc.); no modern MMORPG, especially a mobile one, should be adopting such a mundane concept.

18. Corom

Credit:
    I don't understand the whole "waiting thing" either. I guess they are hoping you will maybe spend DC to bypass the waiting. That's the only thing I can think of that.

Sometimes I will have a surplus of a crafting material in my inventory. This is after completing a quest of killing x amount of a certain mob. I will have to research the material to find out where the craft shop is that deals in this material. I might even farm more of it if needed. Usually I don't really want an item that badly, but I'll craft it anyway since I already have the material on hand.

19. But why spend DCs to skip waiting? I feel like that's the kind of feature that turns most people away from playing mobile games, and it gives people reason to view the game as sort of "pay2win". If I want to play a game, then I want to actually play the game, not wait around or pay money to skip an inconvenience.

I think a "lesser evil" alternative feature would be to revamp the crafting system, so that you can watch an ad to skip craft time, rather than spend DCs, but that's just my opinion. With ads, you don't even have to spend a single dime, and it's usually 10-30 seconds which isn't so bad. Plus I think AE would benefit more using an ad feature to skip craft time, instead of the DC feature that currently exists that maybe only a few players even bother to use.

20. Corom

Credit:
    This would be a great idea. I have seen other games use ads to skip waiting time. It seems like it would be fairly easy to implement too.
    It is unfortunate that you spend hours and hours to farm materials and then you have to wait even longer for it to craft. I can see making a player wait 10 minutes. But 1/2 hour to (up to) 24 hours seems a bit excessive.