1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you play with default or custom controls?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 10, 2017.

1. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I agree to you mate the one that is really annoying is the auto run when doing a parkour in mobile but auto runs help sometimes esp when walking in the very huge place like the ancangrove when goin in the tower :D

Yea i feel you bro it is better to use own set of controls that the default for so we can enjoy playing :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
  2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    What controls do you use then? Custom or default?

3. Randy1987

Randy1987 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I use my own I don’t like the default one

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What custom settings do you use then? What have you changed and what have you left untouched?

5. alien shooter

alien shooter Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    1234 -common skills "E" -ulti skill "R"-cross skill "F"-travel form "Q" - health potion "C" - mana potion "V" - buff cakes and "T" for loot, thats my keymap.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's pretty much everything important condensed to the left side of the keyboard. I do think it's a bit awkward to keybind Q and E (left and right striding) to form and ultimate skill. My biggest concern would be accidentally using the ultimate when using the WASD keys to move around. I think the tilde (~) key could have a good use though.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    This setup can work if you just build muscle memory for it and well... pretty much any custom control setup can work that way.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Unless you do something crazy like bind the WASD keys to each corner of the keyboard like Z, Q, P and M which would be a major inconvenience and wouldn't be something that anyone would easily build muscle memory for.

Compactness (how far close are the keys to each other... in other words, assigning WASD keys to 5, X, V, and N would be spaced apart but not compact) and relation (how are the keys grouped together... in other words, assigning skill keys 12345 in a sequence like Q, 5, ~, Z, and / would be poorly grouped) are the two important principles of keybinding. You need both of those traits to really manage through good control.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You can certainly go and challenge yourself to make unorthodox keybindings and make them work for you, but changing a few buttons won't hurt if they aren't part of high priority controls.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Would still remain unintuitive, though not impossible to memorize. It'd be like learning how to use the QWERTY keyboard for the first time only knowing the alphabet... sort of learning a different pattern of something you're used to. I don't really see the purpose of "challenging" yourself to something unintuitive though. If one way works best, then that's probably what anyone should stick with, instead of picking something that will have a lot of inconvenience.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AQ3D ultimately isn't a difficult game so playing with different keybindings which aren't optimal is a way to challenge yourself.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends on what people consider "difficult", but most importantly whether it's fun or not. Some people find the game difficult for its grinding, the ridiculous RNG drops, parkour, etc. And I think there are better approaches to challenging oneself than changing keybinding, especially looking for something that's at least enjoyable rather than unpleasant and difficult. For instance, I used to use the S key to walk backwards and rarely use the W key until AE changed it so that walking backwards is slower; the idea behind walking backwards wasn't to challenge myself, but to do something out of the ordinary to alleviate boredom. And of course, I didn't have to change my keybind for that, because my goal wasn't to confuse myself and make things less convenient.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be self-created difficulty and it's intent is not to be fun. It would make the game less inconvenient to control just for the heck of it.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think people would really care for that; it's ultimately pointless to change keybinds for something that's difficult, not fun, doesn't have much to present, cannot make any use out of, and yields no reward whatsoever. The only time people would care for something difficult and not fun is if there's a reward out of it. For instance, getting a world record speedrun and not enjoying the countless attempts could be very rewarding. Or if it's good for practice or showing off, like practicing études on a piano to get better at playing the piano. Otherwise, it's just distress from something so impractical.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Do you really need to always have some kind of reward in the end of it all in order to something impractical? There are people out there who just do things that are clearly inconvenient and just a hassle to deal with without having any incentive to do such a thing. Just do it for the heck of it and don't think where it could lead.

16. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Default on mobile but I change few buttons on PC for pots n transformations☺️

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What buttons did you change them to?

18. FenrisVan

FenrisVan Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think the default controls are pretty good

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They are good unless you want to have a specific setup.

20. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I play aq3d on my phone 90% of the times other than to play on PTR on steam or when theres an event or something that i dont want to miss and cant use my phone for some reason. I use default controls on my laptop for when i play aq3d on it.