1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you rely on video game walkthroughs?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Snowy, May 11, 2021.

What kind of video game walkthroughs do you prefer?

1. Game Guide Books (hardcover/paperback)

2. Video walkthroughs (YouTube/Twitch)

3. Article posts or social media (for Q&As, FAQs, etc.)

4. Wikis (the Gamepedia Wikis, StrategyWiki, etc.)

5. None (I don't rely on walkthroughs at all)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Sometimes you find yourself lost in a video game or need some guide to help you, or maybe you just don't rely on walkthroughs at all.

---

Personally, I'm the kind of gamer that prefers video walkthroughs (through YouTube). I don't use walkthroughs to help myself through most games, but some games I do rely on walkthroughs (like if I'm stuck in a dungeon on The Legend of Zelda, or if I'm trying to achieve something like finding the missing Skulltulas).

2. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don’t tbh I know it isn’t cheating but in my eyes it is I mean you buy a game just to use a walk through kinda ruins the game for me unless it’s super duper hard I might but nothing has been hard other then final fantasy but still didn’t use a walk through.

Remember a flat mate had a book for his final fantasy madness that there is actually books for some games.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well if you're aiming for 100% completion of a game (where you not only beat the game, but complete side quests, finish post-game content, collect all of the collectibles, and unlock all of the unlockables), a walkthrough is going to be handy. Just depends on the game. But for a standard completion of a game where you just beat the game, I think most people can do that without needing walkthroughs. I think Final Fantasy is just one of the few extreme examples where you might need a walkthrough since that game does take forever to complete.

Rizlaftw likes this.
  4. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah a mate had a book who I loved with for final fantasy an that book was like a bible it was huge.