1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you spend your money for DC's when there's a new event?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Nhecole, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    When there's a new event? do you spent your money for the DC's items?

aqweijuj likes this.
  2. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    for 2017 collections for me yes, i'm not a completionist from the start but 2017 is special

aqweijuj likes this.
  3. jv1306

jv1306 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    i do but only if i really want the items. i started playing just a few months ago so i only saw 2017 tlapd and mogloween events.

4. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I collect travel forms so i try to have at least 5k dc to buy them or eventual packs.

5. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I only use dcs to buy the items I need and really I like.

So when the event has an item that I like, then I will buy.
    If only a few good items, I just buy according to my taste only.
    :D

6. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Depends if its worth it like halloween bundle you get a rare badge

7. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Hmmm... depends if there's an item I really like.

8. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Absolutely not. You cannot simply purchase an item without knowing whether you would like it or not. If there's a 5,000 DC weapon, there's a strong chance that I would not buy that weapon. The time when I'd spend my DC is if an item interested me.

9. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    for now just stuff that improves gameplay like bank space, you can never go wrong with bank space. With items, if you don't like it, the sellback is gold

10. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Unfortunately I do because of my collecteritis. I guess it's good to have items on standby for future quests, but I'm learning quickly that cosmetic items have little use in bulk. Hopefully AE develops a new tactic than consistent cosmetic items or this will slowly turn into AQW3D.

11. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That does seem to be the problem with DC items, the fact that they have no functional use in battle. It's mostly because people will complain that the game is "pay2win", but it doesn't matter whether the game has pay2win features or not as long as anybody can play the game. I do hope for some common-tiered level 18 DC-only items with stats.

12. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't get DCs to buy things when a new event arrives, because i am not really into buying items that cost DCs to begin with. I have only bought one item that costs DCs and it's Dricken travel form. I have also bought bank vault slots, but i don't really consider them items per say.

13. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I never understood the fear behind "pay2win" features in games. Well, I do a little. Other games I've played who fell dramatically due to "pay2win" features introduced ridiculous sale tactics that were based on random-number-generators or destroyed their PvP/economy. AE can introduce items with stats for DC's most definitely, even if it's more powerful than free-to-play items, just not ridiculously more powerful. Maybe something that can rearrange stats on an item (than add to them) so someone can spend money to maximize the potential of their character build, while keeping the direct number of stats the same on an item. Introducing an incentive to buy is key. You lose revenue by purely selling cosmetics. If a game was made of purely cosmetics, then someone buys a super-awesome set that they will always use forever, then what incentive do they have to buy more currency? Hopefully AE will develop a membership program because those always build incentive so you can benefit from more content... but it also keeps a steady flow of profit with renewals and such. I always predicted the conversion from membership to AC-dominance was the downfall of AQWorlds. Those who are fearful of a "pay2win" game (as long as it doesn't get ridiculous) are those who don't directly support the game and because AQ3D doesn't have a advertisement supplementing them, its pointless for them to play, at least financially for AE. Yeah, you could say they can support by word-of-mouth and inviting friends but AE is too small of a company for that with a smaller player base. Large games can afford free players because they have large amounts of people playing who support the game. Just look at WoW for example, although on a completely different level than AQ3D, has become one of the most successful games of all time... and it requires constant membership to play. Do I believe AE will ever make AQ3D a membership-only game? No, I wouldn't ever think so. But it just shows how they, and the player base, are exaggerating when it comes to "fear of pay2win features".

14. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I dont think aq3d is gonna be membership only in the near future. But yea, dc only items are kinda meh atm. Do they cost bank space in aq3d? Havent used my dcs except for buying exp boosts back in the day.

15. aqweijuj

aqweijuj Club Swinger

Credit:
    DCs? uhmmmm NOOO! imma free player :^

16. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yes so far I only missed the Black friday shop from last year and some dc items from the Friday the 13th war ;)

17. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Every seasonal event I spend my DC's on package.

18. yolorizer

yolorizer BamBam

Credit:
    I usually try fighting the microtransaction temptation as much as I can, when I lose however, I just buy a few items here and there that I seriously crave, generally 1-2.

19. Thorxus

Thorxus BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    I'd spend my dc on a collector's badge regardless of the item's worthiness :v

20. -John-

-John- Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Dragon Guardian gives you a solid 10k!