1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you spend your money for DC's when there's a new event?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Nhecole, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Still, having to make room in your inventory just to use collection items is a major inconvenience. The incentive of accessibility isn't really worth much, when you have to delete items, visit the Battleon Bank, talk to an NPC, and figure out what items you want to add to your inventory. It would be far better (and convenient) to have something similar to forms, pets, and tokens where storage actually is free, or something incentivizing that'll make spend 4,900 DCs worth it (other than a character badge and a title that doesn't really mean much). Considering that I own three collections, I barely even use any of the items from them since I always end up having to manage my inventory. And besides, the more collections you own, the harder inventory management becomes to really take advantage of any 'incentive' of owning a collection. If you had to choose between buying an entire collection for 4,900 DCs vs. buying individual items and a bank vault for under 4,900 DCs, the latter option would probably make the most sense for the wise consumers.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, it would be convenient but making it so would create inconsistency with this concept of "free storage" that AE has introduced. If cosmetic items besides pets are getting free storage then other cosmetics should have that as well but that wouldn't be a good idea for AE to do because a lot of items in game are cosmetic which in turn wouldn't make people get bank vault slots. Getting collections is pretty much always a net loss of DCs because getting a bank vault slot is 900 DCs and a getting a whole collections is 4,900 DCs and that is 4,000 DCs more which you could have used to get 3 more bank vault slots! The incentive to buy a collection is just spending more on something that you could get for cheaper which is storage space.

3. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Speaking logically, if they want more people to buy collections, then it'd make sense to have some sort of actual gimmick to entice players. It might make sense for them to keep collections as is and have players buy a bank vault just so they can store their collection items (which really isn't free storage) since it's extra profit for them because of people buying a vault (900 DCs) to store their items, but it makes more sense to actually implement free storage (without the inconvenience of forcing players to delete items and then buy collection items from the NPC at the bank) so more players see that buying a collection is a least worth something more. In other words, it broadens the potential customers, particularly the wise and more cautious customers. And it would be more consistent with their "free storage" claim since what they have right now isn't really free storage.

The demand for an item doesn't really work out that well unless there's a gimmick that interests people, like if an item is never returning again (unlikely to happen), or if there's some huge bonus offer. With collections, people already know that the items return every year... the difference is that you can buy an entire collection for some discount, but the reality is that the forms that are added to the collection are always at a fixed price, particularly overpriced to create the illusion of a huge discount. You might hear that a collection has a 50% discount than if you buy every item individually, but if you remove the two forms (usually worth 4,500 DCs and 1,900 DCs) that AE usually adds in the collection shop, the discount is significantly less. In short, the exaggerated discount is just a marketing stunt to grab in the average consumer. I'd say you'd be better off purchasing the collection items individually, if you don't plan on buying forms, for that main reason. Statistics, as Twain once implied, is deceptive.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    If AE is not going to make actual free storage for collections then they have to change the wording to them giving you free accessibility.

5. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I never spend money to buy any DCs or Heromart stuff but i used to buy my simcard load so i can participate in every new event :D

6. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Dage 2019 collection. First event i spend a little just to buy some dage items.

7. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Dage stuff is so worth it to own bro cuz it really has a cool skull thing in every part of its weapon, armor ect. Thats why imma big fan of legions :p

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Many just are into skulls and that shade of blue that leads them to get those Legion collection and items related to them.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Feels like you can find skulls on pretty much any item aside from legion items... there's a skull helm in the Daily Boss Crafting, a skull weapon (Necromancer staff), and so on. It's difficult to encapsulate anything unique towards any one thing... it just comes down to preference, and I think people respect legion for things outside of "black and blue" or "skulls". A lot of the fanbase is due to familiarity.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We expect to get such things with Legion items and it's not that surprising to see people lean towards them when looking for such things even with there being other sources for such items.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    One thing we don't get enough of regarding to legion is black and teal. They've made black and teal for a number of items in AQWorlds (Legion Jolly Roger Armor, Teal Eternal Flame, Dark Caster Class, etc.). Personally I prefer black and teal over black and blue since they're not as common.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be nice to see black and teal on the next legion items when they come out.

13. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I spend money for DC on items I really want. When a new collection or event comes out I will look through the list of new items. Sometimes there will be that certain item that you HAVE to have. If I don't have enough DC saved up from ads I will spend money. In the past I have bought the Dage 2020 collection and the Cyber Wolf tf. Only things that I really like. I still feel strange about buying digital items with real money. That's just me.