1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think more ores will be added to game?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Metaqrion, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    With the 1.16 update, diamond is not the strongest ore which you can build materials. Netherite is a brand new ore, and maybe it is a sign of more ores on the way. What do you think about that?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would hope not, at least for the Overworld. I think the Overworld makes inventory management a mess, especially with the existence of blocks like Andesite, Diorite, and Granite.

But as for new ores for the Nether, or maybe even the End, I'd have no problem with that. The Nether is already an excellent place for experience farming (Quartz), and there doesn't seem to be much else in the Nether in terms of block variety. The End doesn't make a lot of sense since it's more like a boss area, but you could always revisit it after defeating the dragon, and there really isn't much to do in the End after defeating the dragon, so that could also be a good place; it's just that the End is pretty small (one central island, and a cluster of outer islands), so I think the terrain would need to be different for ores to make a lot of sense.

3. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Maybe we just need a completely new area like End and Nether in the game for new ores.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think Nether is the best option. It's a bit boring digging a tunnel sometimes, because 99% of what you mine are Netherracks, but it is fun to see your pickaxe mine it all very quickly. What's great about the Nether is that there are a lot more obstacles, especially with an ocean of lava, pockets of lava, flying enemies (Blazes and Ghasts), and blocks that damage you. And when you mine tunnels, you have to be even more cautious, because lava flows even more quickly and you wouldn't want to lose your entire inventory in the lava. I think the ores should be useful though, because of the challenges the Nether presents; maybe an ore that creates even stronger gear (something like upgradable shields or something completely new and beneficial).

5. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Mining ores quickly in Minecraft is a fun thing for sure. I always go for that kind of enchant for my diamond pickaxes.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it depends. I say that it gets hectic sometimes, especially when you play a modpack that introduces dozens of ores. Sometimes the biggest problem is just managing inventory, because you end up creating a bunch of chests (especially in some underground cave), and then placing every ore type in that chest for storage. Then if you want to transport the ores to your main base, you'd have to carry a certain amount items every so often. Shulker boxes could come in handy, but you'd have to visit the End just to get the items needed to craft them.

But in a lot cases, you could turn ores into actually blocks to save space (e.g. 9 ingots = 1 block). The usual problem is having excess; like maybe you craft 10 diamond blocks, but you have 2 diamonds left over.

7. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Thanks to the mods, it becomes available to a lot. But preferably I would like to be able to alloy like bronze :)