1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use a wristwatch?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Heromanguy12, May 11, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I know, we got phones to check time conveniently everywhere we are, but we can't forget trusty wristwatches! Do you use a wristwatch and what kind of wristwatch is it?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm not much of a watch person. The last time I wore a watch was back in 2004 when Burger King sold SpongeBob-themed wristwatches with their meals; in fact, it was one of those fads that became popular in school for kids to wear.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    No, never been a wristwatch wearing person but the idea has grown on me. Might get one someday.

4. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    I use a pocketwatch. But, inside its digital. I rigged it up so it requires a usb charge.

I call it: Techno-retro.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's certainly best of both worlds. What a great idea!

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've never been much into watches where you have to charge with a USB or have to replace batteries, though a USB charge is more convenient than having to take apart a watch and replace with a lithium coin cell battery. I would think that you'd have to charge it often, but I don't really know since I don't own any USB-chargeable watches. I think quartz-powered watches are more fascinating just because of their piezo-electric property. But nowadays, phones just tell what time it is, so I don't see a lot of people wearing watches. And I've never understood the enthusiasm for more modern watches like Apple watches, when people carry their phones anyway. And it's oftentimes frustrating having to change time whenever Daylight Saving Time comes along (particularly on older watches), but a phone can do more than what a watch can.