1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want minigames to be added in game?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Mayonnaise, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Like climbing a peach tree for peach froots to help with mr & mrs. Peaches
    Then get rewarded wit a peach or two. Or something like that.

Ylber, ugmsrocks09 and Snowy like this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think mini games could be an essential part of AQ3D. If PvP is considered "a mini-game", then that'll probably be the biggest. Just some ideas of what mini-games I would like to see:
    - Hide 'N Seek (We need bushier bushes in Battleon for this; it'll probably be fun with bush travel forms whenever those get released)
    - Fishing
    - Alchemy
    - Racing
    - Hunting

Trumpets, ugmsrocks09 and Mayonnaise like this.
  3. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Lol id like something like that

4. Mercurio The Great

Mercurio The Great MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    One thing that I personally think would be cool is if they added bar games of sorts to Yulgar's Inn in AQ3D, perhaps a family friendly form of poker, or perhaps a Moglinberry Drinking Mini-Game. Or maybe even a form of a dice game. If Yulgar's Inn were to have these sort of mini games, which ones do you think would fit? If you have any ideas of your own, feel free to share them!

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'd like to see a musical chairs mini-game in Yulgar's Inn, but the place will have to be revamped to be bigger and more spread out. Whenever there's a sit feature for Yulgar's Inn, I think it'd be cool to see players walking around a table and then sitting in a chair when the music stops.

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I want more activities to spend my time in game rather than just mostly farming so i am all for mini-games whenever AE decides to put to in. Things like these make MMORPGs more enjoyable for me and other people as well.

7. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Mini games should really be implemented later on after all the major things get in the game. C:

Also, a leaderboard can be quite good for long time players

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yeah of course it would be cool but will take too much time for them

9. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    -HideNSeek
    -Parkour
    -Moglin Punt

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Hide N Seek is sort of possible, but it isn't as fun since there aren't a lot of hiding spots. Parkour would be fantastic, especially if players could climb onto the tops of buildings. Moglin Punt would be interesting, like maybe if AQ3D had a Superbowl seasonal event, but I wouldn't be able to imagine how the mini-game would work.

11. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    ashfall map had a lot of hiding spots specially the towerpass a good rule would be removing the nameplate when hidenseek starts. Parkour is really nice i would like AE to implement that kind of minigame.

12. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i was just thinking even something as simple as powering a generator or using a maintenance jack on a locked brace like in alien isolation, it makes you feel how vulnerable and human you are, in aq3d you never feel that connection and your character just doesn't feel real. minigames can help bring that real exertion out of characters and you can imagine doing the same exertion in real life

13. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    So, been wondering, should there be mini games in game? Why or why not? If yes, should it be permanent or seasonal? Would like to know your thoughts.. discuss.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well I think mini-games could help bring some connection between you are your character, because it feels like you're doing something else, but I think it could bring some connection to the community overall, if AQ3D had mini-games where a group of players can participate.

I would say have both seasonal and permanent mini-games. Maybe seasonal mini-games like a snowball fight game, Moglin punting game, etc., but some permanent mini-games like fishing and alchemy.

15. valkangel

Credit:
    both nice ideas ! would specially like alchemy so we can make different kinds of potions :)

16. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The first thing I thought of was the minigame from Dwarfhold where you have to fight off Stalagbite lol I think minigames would be cool, especially one that has to do with parkour. I remember Cysero posted a video with a parkour prototype a long time ago, I think it was on facebook. Not sure if that idea was scrapped

17. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Of course, I'd love to have mini-games in the game. Takes my mind off of mindlessly farming.

18. valkangel

Credit:
    Parkour course would be dope! Also pretty hard

19. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I remember that minigame, but i really haven't touched it since i completed Dwarfhold questline. Parkour minigame would be a great way to pass time, but it might be nuisance for those who play mobile versions of AQ3D.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    As long as parkour courses aren't in dungeons, I would be fine with it. Dungeons have limitations like the number of dungeon keys a player has, so it wouldn't be fair, especially for mobile players, to spend a lot of time trying to reach a certain spot to farm for an item. The issue does seem to be present in some of the Greenguard dungeons where you have to climb up stairs and jump over a gap.

But back to parkour courses, it would be interesting to see buildings become climbable, but also long parkour courses with rewards at the end. It would even be interesting to see hidden Easter egg rewards in regular parkour areas that aren't meant to be super difficult. I actually like the idea of parkour being used as a mini-game.